Fish, done proper.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Speckled perch that were swimming yesterday until I disrupted their lives, cheese grits, jalapeno-onion hushpuppies, maters, onions, bread and butter pickles, it was fit to eat.

Filleted a few for The Redhead, I like fish on the bone. I filled the bone plate slam full.....:p

Attachments

• proper fish1.jpg
    proper fish1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 848
  • proper fish 2.jpg
    proper fish 2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 847
  • fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 846

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Durn! I would eat a big bait of that if you twisted my arm really hard....:D

I love 'em filleted or on the cob either way. That looks rightous!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Thanks for sharing ..... errr showing us a great meal.
Congrats

little rascal

Awsome

Pure awesome! We had fish tonight too and Cajun boiled shrimp. I cheated though, I went and bought some lane snappers. I had supper caught today but let'em swim.
Looking good Nic. I've got a hankering for some bluegills.

Dub

Okay.....soon as I got through cussing and wiping off drool.....I can post this......Rock solid meal right there. Exceptional looking eating!!!!!!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Seminole I guess? How deep? Looks great!

These were out of a plantation lake yesterday afternoon. Fish were slam full of yellow roe and all females but two. About 7 feet deep in treetops and timber. Lost enough jigs to make a good castnet.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I too like my fish on the bone. Woman likes hers fileted. I have never cross cut my fish like you but think I'll try it.

JHannah92

I've been wanting to get into a mess of crappies, and relocate em to a hot oil bath just like you did there. Looks great.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I too like my fish on the bone. Woman likes hers fileted. I have never cross cut my fish like you but think I'll try it.

Hoot, I do that on those fish that are too little to cut a fillet off one side, but too big to fry whole. It helps cook them more even.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Dang Nic, so many things on that one plate that taste great. I wouldn't bet fit for nothing after a meal like that.

Duff

:clap:

Looks great!!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Oh baby !

pine floor

That would be a mean plate of goodness.

I'm headed SOUTH to La this week. Mudnbugsbandbshrimp.

Steaks when we are there.

PF

Cool Hand Luke

Looks delicious, my favorite eating fish. If any left over filets, love a cold sammich on loaf bread with some tartar sauce.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Looks delicious, my favorite eating fish. If any left over filets, love a cold sammich on loaf bread with some tartar sauce.

Nic ain't never seen a left over fried fish, I've seen the man in action !!