Fishers of Men

olcaptain

The Birthday Cruise

From time to time the Ol Captain is called upon for a special detail. Yesterday was one of those very outstanding times. Our new neighbor Pam Jones had shared that her parents were coming down from Indiana to visit. I had communicated with the Gaithers through Facebook, and they have become avid followers of the photos from the creek as well as the Captain’s Café so naturally, I was excited about meeting them. I also had found out that their anniversary was close to ours, but they were married 12 years earlier (and we’ve been married 48).

But (change of direction) here is the kicker! Pam shared that when they came, they wanted to take a tour of Crooked Creek!! Now I’ve had a wonderful Octogenarian in my canoe a couple of times, but I’ve never had a couple of them in my boat at one time!! As it turned out the weather was a bit breezy, but the temperature was ideal. Mrs. Gaither faced the bow while Mr. Gaither faced me.
g1.jpg

g2.jpg

As I paddled, we chatted and the time just like the scenery along the bank drifted pleasantly by. We saw Egrets and a few other birds, and we made it up to the old bridge and back unscathed and dry!
g3.jpg

g5.jpg

It was Mrs. Gaither’s Birthday and they shared that our trip was a special gift and that made me happy. To top things off we struck a photo of the Gaithers along with our new neighbors, Don and Pam Jones at the Captain’s Café.

g6.jpg

Days like this are what make me tick. It was a pleasure to be a part of this birthday cruise and it is a day that I’ll never forget! I hope you enjoy the photos taken by Pam Jones as she and Don went up the creek with us in their own canoe. What a day!!

Attachments

• g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 5

specialk

You are an awesome person, thanks so much for your inspiration and sharing your journey....