Fishfinder Advice

TurkeyKiller12

I'm looking to upgrade the electronics on my boat. I currently have a hummingbird 700 series with side scan but no gps capabilities and no maps. What would be a good fish finder for one that primarily targets crappie and stripe but also might hit the flats once a year for reds and trout. I would like to have side scan and be able to mark waypoints and actual lake maps. I don't care for the live view or any of the new technologies that on the front of the boat. Thank you all in advance.

ilbcnu

I'm currently using the Garmin echomap and so far it's been just as good as my helix. Little more user friendly is a plus. 9 inch touchscreen. Easier to see in sunshine than the helix too. UHD 94sv. Has all coastal maps built In, both east and west coast, wifi and customizable to your own needs.

Last edited:

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I am running a lowrance HDS live 9 on the front and a humminbird Helix on the console. I like both but the lowrance is a lot more detailed. I only fish for crappie

doomtrpr_z71

I prefer humminbird for sonar, it's good for gps as well, but Garmin does a few things better if you aren't spending money above the helix. I run a Garmin and humminbird side by side on the console and a hummingbird on the bow. I fish the flats more than I do lakes other than blackshear or the local PFAs with this boat. I've had one newer lowrance and ymmv but I'll never have another. I don't particularly care about touchscreens on the boat with the roughness I put them through. I'd pay attention to bass pro and the spring fishing classic as they tend to have pretty good deals on Garmin.

JROESEL

garmin all day, it is the only unit that comes with everything and can do all sonars out of the box, just search this forum about garmin, you’ll get all the info you want, there on sale right now too, 93sv are the units I run and love them

Latest posts