Fishing in the heat

Beenslayin

Tired of waiting on it to cool down. Taking a couple of days off so I have a plan. Bought an artic zone misting fan that sits in a 5 gallon bucket in the boat. Going to follow the shade. Bought some red wigglers to try and score on some eating size bream. I haven’t bought a Bimini top for my G3 yet but am going to make the best of it. With it being so warm, Do you guys think I should fish my bobbers close to the bank or in 8-12 ft of water?

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Try a rag with ice wrapped up in it,,,,get it wet,,,,around the neck,,,,you'll stay cool,,,,I would say that they would probably be deeper,,,,

Yankee gonna tell you how to stay cool (good advice) But couldn't catch a fish in a bath tub....

Beenslayin

Going tomorrow, myself to catch a mess of squealers for a fish fry. I have a floppy hat and a cool rag for the heat. Plus PLENTY of water and Powerade. Squealers bite good in this heat.
Ok I know you are fishing and I am going to bite. What is a squealer!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Catfish far as I know....in this heat they will eat while other fish shut down except now with full moon the shellcrackers will be on a bed and are easy to catch. Not as heavy bedding this late but some will.

Dutch beat me to it....

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Yep...some of my best days catching them have been hotter than a $2 pistol...if you can stand the heat you can catch a tailgate full.

marshallknight

Yep, me too. On the three nights before a full or new moon.

Ain't nothing like having the quiet peace of night time suddenly violated by the sound of a bass blowing up on a jitterbug.

I second this, some of my best fishing trips growing up were in a farm pond on a full moon night in July