Fishing Redlands WMA Creeks

Killer Kyle

Anybody ever fish any of the creeks on Redlands WMA? I know of Sandy Creek, Fishing Creek, Falling Creek, Little Greenbriar Creek. There's a few others.
I like small creek fishing for lots of different species. I'm over in that area a lot now and plan to hit some of these creeks soon just to see what kinds of fish are in them. Anybody else doing this kind of fishing around here in the Redlands area?

Sautee Ridgerunner

I never fished the little creeks but had many just fantastic days fishing the oconee during the white bass and crappie runs. The dam above the 15 bridge was really good for whites.

There used to be a dam behind the flynchum’s phoenix building out in whitehall forest that was unreal for crappie during the run but I understand it’s been removed now.

Been up and down all of those creeks hunting deer, ducks, and turkeys and dont ever remember seeing too much of any size but you never know.

Redbeardless

Years ago, I was riding around some of the back roads below Barnett Shoals Dam going down river toward hwy.15, looking to find some of the creeks that might be fishable and crossed a small wooden bridge over one of the creeks that feeds into the river, probably a mile up creek from the river. The hole below the bridge wasn't any bigger than my truck, but was deep. Just out of curiosity, I got out and flipped a crappie jig in the hole, jigged it a couple of times and bang. I spent the next 45 minutes catching one crappie after another, no slabs, but all good 10" eating sized fish. I walked the creek for a couple hundred yards to see if I could find another hole that had fish and found a couple of fish here and there, but not like the hole at the bridge. I guess high water from the rains let them come upstream when they were spawning and they couldn't get back to the river. That being said, I would bet that almost any of the creeks in Redlands that feed into the Oconee would have some fish. It would be a lot of fun trying them out just to see. Good luck and let us know if you give it a try and find them.

Not on Redlands, but on another WMA in area, I recently discover a remote creek that was about 5’ deep and 50’ wide that held a ton on fish. Caught some great eating size and some 10pound + channel cats, bream and largemouth.