Fixed or Mechanical.. that is the question?

six

Years ago I was a Wasp fan. Then switched to Muzzy four blade. Never seen the need to switch since. I’m about at the end of my archery career now and doubt if I ever shoot mechanical heads. I’ve seen some incredible blood trails created by Rage though.

Robust Redhorse

I don't bow hunt a lot, but when I do, I stick with fixed blades.

I practice with field points that hit it the same place as the broadheads. (sometimes that takes some trial and error)

I've got a bear and a deer to prove they work fine, just as they have been for about 800 years.

ddd-shooter

I don't bow hunt a lot, but when I do, I stick with fixed blades.

I practice with field points that hit it the same place as the broadheads. (sometimes that takes some trial and error)

I've got a bear and a deer to prove they work fine, just as they have been for about 800 years.

I get the sentiment, but 800 years? Does this mean you’re knapping your heads from stone, attaching them to a wooden shaft with sinew, and launching them from a longbow? Lol

Gbr5pb

Until I get as gifted as some I still make a occasional bad shot and the holes made by the rage hypodermic let me find the deer! Being I cleaned out a Walmart clearance sale rack a couple years ago that’s all I’ll be shooting

Madsnooker

I used to shoot 125's until I got my Matthews. The 100's are wicked quick coming off that bow. It makes for a flatter trajectory.

I hate flat trajectory. I love my 1985 bear bow that shoots an arrow that arcs about 3 feet from bow to target at 30yds. :LOL: