Flint River

WranglerSS

What parts of the Flint are safe to fish in a tin boat? I'm looking at the River Ridge Campground and Sprewell Bluff area to be able to camp and fish for Shoal Bass.

BigBass123

Waded Sprewell this past weekend, large stretches were about 1’ deep for the width of the river. Water is low, no way you are getting an outboard through it.

Now if you are just rowing/drifting from a tin boat you should be good to go.

WranglerSS

I do have an outboard. What is a better part of the river to go to. I'm camping at River Ridge Campground and can drive to another ramp if needed.

Bananaslug22

Hwy 18 east of Woodbury has a ramp and you can prob go north and south of ramp for a ways to get some fishing in. I’d be careful though. I’m sure someone here has experience with this plan.
I’ve put in there and kayaked upstream a little ways and have kayaked downstream to Sprewell bluff. You won’t be able to go too far downstream.

Scorpio

As others have said, there are ramps at 18/74 and Joe Kurz. There are a couple of spots upstream of both ramps where you will have to drag the boat.

WranglerSS

PXL_20230820_171625786.jpgPXL_20230820_183902077.jpgPXL_20230820_131650044.jpgTrip was a success. We left out Sunday morning with the Truck Camper pulling the boat and put in at White Oak Creek first and went up river to the shoals, anchored and cought a couple small ones there. Next we went down river to the next set of shoals and zeroed on those. Loaded up and went to the Hwy 74 bridge and went down the the shoals and my buddy caught one almost 4lbs and we caught a few more small ones. Went up river a mile or so and I cough one 4lb 10oz and Clayton caught a 2 pounder.

The next day we went to Po Biddy and had to back the truck all the way into the river to launch and caught a few there then headed to the Hwy 19 ramp and it was so shallow we couldn't even run. Sucked sand in and had to take the Poppet and Thermostat out and clean it. WEnt back to the 74 ramp and caught a couple more there. The last Tuesday morning we put in a Sprewell park where we were camping for a couple hours and caught a few before loading up and heading home.

Last edited: