Florida neighbors !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Y'all come on up. I got some really good National Forest land I can sell ya on the QT.

Jim Boyd

I have Florida hunters with me and unless you look at the truck tags, you cannot tell the difference.

Over the years, I have had folks from Florida that I wished were better members and I have most assuredly had folks from Georgia that I wished were better members. Key word here being “had”.

This hysteria about out of state hunters (in this case, Florida) seems very misplaced.

People are people.

Best thing - visit and see if you can gain alignment.

Ruger15

I have Florida hunters with me and unless you look at the truck tags, you cannot tell the difference.

Over the years, I have had folks from Florida that I wished were better members and I have most assuredly had folks from Georgia that I wished were better members. Key word here being “had”.

This hysteria about out of state hunters (in this case, Florida) seems very misplaced.

People are people.

Best thing - visit and see if you can gain alignment.
The whole Florida thing is a joke ! They seem to be the butt of most jokes on this forum. I’m willing and happy to share the deer woods with any like minded outdoorsman and at the end of the crack a cold one together. Seems like property around me is changing hands every few years now . Bring on the good times .

BCPbuckhunter

The whole Florida thing is a joke ! They seem to be the butt of most jokes on this forum. I’m willing and happy to share the deer woods with any like minded outdoorsman and at the end of the crack a cold one together. Seems like property around me is changing hands every few years now . Bring on the good times .
I would rather have them hunt with me than a lot of Georgia hunters I know.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
People is people everywhere cept'n maybe for Yankees. They tend to be more ornary and preoccupied but there are still some good ones. Some on here even.

swamp hunter

Don't feel bad , Everybody on my Lease is from Florida...Everybody.

Ruger15

Rant so I apologize in advance...... So let me set the scene. Saturday morning im tucked into my tower stand enjoying the morning its perfect and still and the rain hasn't started yet and the deer seem to be on their feet. 7:30 BOOOOOOOM neighbor on the power line shoots.... down goes a doe white belly laying in the powerline about 800 yds down 7:38 BOOOOOOOM neighbor shoots again. He shoots the yearling that was with the big nanny doe. At this point i need to check my pants cause it sounded like he was shooting right at me. Things quiet down im watching 7-8 deer in my plot at about 9:00 BOOOOOOM he shoots again and BOOOOOM once more and then again. I look down the powerline about 9:15 and here he comes riding down the powerline onto my property looking for one of the deer he shot. I climb down and walk down to him and ask him what the heck he was doing walking/ riding around with no orange on and messing up my hunt the last weekend of the season. I talk to the guy for 20 mins or so and help him locate the deer. At this point my hunt is over and I just want to talk to the guy. I asked him if we needed to sight in his rifle with all the shooting he was doing. He said no its dead on I killed all 5 deer i saw this morning. At this point i'm a little upset but its his property and hes got the right to shoot whatever. Then I asked him why he felt the need to shoot so many deer he looked at me and said well they just stood there and I wont be able to KILL anything until next year. I just don't get why you would shoot something just to kill it then the icing on the cake he kinda looks at me and the pile of deer he tells me he doesn't know what hes gonna do with all the meat that his family wont eat it. At this point that joker had me seeing red. Im all about shooting a few does but dang hes gonna decimate the freaking heard. He only owns 150 acres next to me. The property I own is only about 200 acres but I've been practicing trigger control the past 4-5 years trying to get the deer sightings up. This past year you could really tell a difference then this guy buys the neighboring property in july. Just a rant not looking for any negative comments. I know the guy has every right but he wasn't entertaining my conversation about bettering the heard and what the neighboring owners were practicing as far as management strategies . They arent my deer I guess I was just hoping for neighbors with a like minded conservation effort.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Should of grabbed a doe and said thanks. You don’t need to shoot me anymore !

Sounds like you had a nice place.

Maybe he will come around.
Good luck.

Maybe u should of asked how many have u killed this year ?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Take his dead deer if he doesn't know what to do with them. That way you can practice even more trigger control since you will not need to kill deer to eat yourself. You can just wait for the big one.

shdw633

Try to strike up a conversation with your neighbor soon and tell him what you are doing on your property. Seems like he may be new to it all and doesn't get it yet. I had to clean and process two does this weekend and hated it, I'm sure he won't like doing five and if he takes them to the processor he will definitely hate the bill he's going to get, especially if no one in his family eats the meat. Hit him up after he deals with all that and you will most likely be able to get him going your way, plus he may give to some of that ton of deer meat he now has!!

Ruger15

Should of grabbed a doe and said thanks. You don’t need to shoot me anymore !

Sounds like you had a nice place.

Maybe he will come around.
Good luck.

Maybe u should of asked how many have u killed this year ?
Hes killed 7 does and 2 bucks and his son has killed a handful according to him. Thats a ton of deer for a small tract. I might take 1-2 off my little tract a year. Thats why im in a club down the road to get my meat deer.

deers2ward

I live in Florida, but my Georgia neighbors who live on my borders shoot their 12 deer every year. I haven't killed anything since 2017, but am up there 40+ days per year working on making it a deer haven, and spending enough money to make most people on here throw up if they knew they wouldn't kill anything. The fact that they are from Florida is irrelevant. There are Game Hogs who live in every state!

oldways

I live in Florida, but my Georgia neighbors who live on my borders shoot their 12 deer every year. I haven't killed anything since 2017, but am up there 40+ days per year working on making it a deer haven, and spending enough money to make most people on here throw up if they knew they wouldn't kill anything. The fact that they are from Florida is irrelevant. There are Game Hogs who live in every state!
Very Well Said a lot of doe management takes place cull bucks get removed (1to 2 year old) anytime somebody new moves in around us You know GOOD SOUND MANGEMENT.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Their just some good ole Yankee rednecks. As good or grittier than us.

Panhandle of Florida and the Big Bend area is not Yankee by any means. Parts of South FL the same way.

Been on quite a few leases both in GA and SC and some of the local folks were way worse than us FL folks but also have seen FL folks be just flat out rule breakers. They did not care....join a club for a year and shoot everything they could. Move on to another club the next year.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Florida hunters never bothered me.

I like to hunt the thick stuff. They caint hunt the thick stuff because they wear jorts and the briars tear up their legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.