Florida hunter shot

Toliver

Was the victim wearing his feather camouflage?

That idiot must have thought he had a record 200 pound 6 foot tall turkey coming his way. Imagine his disappointment.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You never know where an idiot is lurking. And You couldn’t pay me to hunt turkey on public land.

Silver Britches

Not sure that was on public land. Don't know of any near Bunnell.
Not sure either, I’m just saying I wouldn’t hunt on public land. Heard too many stories of turkey hunters getting shot there. But, idiots can trespass and shoot you on your own land too. All I know is if you throw lead my way without killing me, expect to get some thrown back at you. :bounce: And that’s a fact!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Use to be a old WMA out that way, Relay I think was the name. BIL had a lease that bordered it on Haw Creek. Not much for deer hunting but was slap loaded with turkeys.

No excuse as to what happened but can see why it did.

DannyW

I can see how that happened. Under the circumstances as told in the article, I would call that an unfortunate accident. It's reasonable to assume the hunter shot was in camouflage and trying to be unseen.

I don't know about y'all, I don't generally walk to the other side of a deer to make sure no one is hidden in the line of fire. Nor do I call out "anyone out there" before I shoot.

I bet even the victim would agree that it was an accident.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
"Be sure of your target and the area beyond it."

Wonder what happened to that one? Are we down to the 9 Commandments of Gun Safety now?

Silver Britches

"Be sure of your target and the area beyond it."

Wonder what happened to that one? Are we down to the 9 Commandments of Gun Safety now?
I always yell "Fire in the hole" as I'm squeezing the trigger. I shoot and ask questions later. By the way, you looking for members this year? :bounce:

Swamprat

Swamprat

Resica

I always carry an orange hat in the back of my vest. Easy to wave it if the encounter requires it.

Gator89

The map in the article linked in post #1 does not line up with management areas on FWC's website.