"Hunters" in Sandy Springs Make the News Again

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I've been out on quite a few occasions looking for deer that have been wounded too. Once or twice my own, and quite a few times helping others. It helps significantly if someone has a good dog.

Resica

Yessir, as far as I know. Most times when I've walked out it's past Dark.
I too have walked out after shooting hours. I unload my gun if that's the case, otherwise they consider you to be hunting. Not permitted to have a weapon after dark when tracking though. That's here though, not there.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I too have walked out after shooting hours. I unload my gun if that's the case, otherwise they consider you to be hunting. Not permitted to have a weapon after dark when tracking though. That's here though, not there.

I just read an old GON Post where a guy wounded a deer with a Bow and it crossed the property line and the landowner wouldn't allow him to retrieve it. It stated that if the property owner says NO a Game Warden will/can not assist either.

Resica

I just read an old GON Post where a guy wounded a deer with a Bow and it crossed the property line and the landowner wouldn't allow him to retrieve it. It stated that if the property owner says NO a Game Warden will/can not assist either.
Same thing up here. If it's private ground not permitted to go on that property after wounded game without landowner permission.