"Hunters" in Sandy Springs Make the News Again

transfixer

Simple question: How many of us are comfortable with strangers we don't know walking around in our yards at night doing whatever they want? Is that ok? It's not with me. I reckon I'm a Karen.

Nope , and I won't be calling the sheriff's dept either, I'll greet them myself

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nope , and I won't be calling the sheriff's dept either, I'll greet them myself
Yep, same here, but I think the point is the same. I am not blaming somebody for not wanting strangers running around in their yard at night.

transfixer

I see plenty of deer stands and blinds next to roads and interstates even.

As long as you are not situated to shoot over a roadway, I’m sure this reg is rarely enforced on private land.

Only because the warden's don't seem to prioritize writing citations anymore, unless it has something to do with Turkey hunting of course !

I have a friend who lives fairly close to 985 up around Flowery Branch, his property line is within 250yds from the side of the highway, he hunts on his property, and of course does not shoot in that direction, his stand is purposely about 25ft off the ground so his shots will always go into the dirt on a pass through or if he misses, he's had one buck he shot turned and ran toward the highway, and actually collapsed within a few feet of the emergency lane, that has only happened once, and since then he's extremely paranoid about hunting his property, but has some nice bucks that venture through his land, he has no houses real close to him, so neighbors are not a problem, and the only one close to him also hunts

The majority of people who have a stand close to a road can't tell me that wouldn't shoot in that direction if a big buck was standing over there ,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way that I could live in a town. I don`t even like to go to town, or drive through one. Except Apalachicola. The only town on this continent I do like.
Amen. Except I've never been to Apalachicola, but if you like it, I probably would, too.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Yep, same here, but I think the point is the same. I am not blaming somebody for not wanting strangers running around in their yard at night.

No matter what, you have no idea how many facts or falsehoods was in that News Story.

I
Simple question: How many of us are comfortable with strangers we don't know walking around in our yards at night doing whatever they want? Is that ok? It's not with me. I reckon I'm a Karen.

I reckon I don’t believe everything I see and hear in Local News story as 100% factual, especially from some well off Daytime soap opera watching beauty pageant Mom either, nor the mostly woke anti hunting Media.

If the 2 in the photo could’ve been interviewed also there could very well be an entire different narrative to this piece of junk News and video also.

I’m just not all that receptive to such a one sided story with no way to corroborate it.

The anti hunters will go to extremes the likes of which you would not believe to end it for all of us.

I’ll rest my case with the above post.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No matter what, you have no idea how many facts or falsehoods was in that News Story.

I

I reckon I don’t believe everything I see and hear in Local News story as 100% factual, especially from some well off Daytime soap opera watching beauty pageant Mom either, nor the mostly woke anti hunting Media.

If the 2 in the photo could’ve been interviewed also there could very well be an entire different narrative to this piece of junk News and video also.

I’m just not all that receptive to such a one sided story with no way to corroborate it.

The anti hunters will go to extremes the likes of which you would not believe to end it for all of us.

I’ll rest my case with the above post.
I agree with your general sentiment, but it ain't spun say-so. There were people trespassing in her yard, carrying hunting weapons at night after shooting hours, and there are photos and videos of them. This isn't anti-hunting propaganda, it's folks who own homes and don't want stupid seekjuan fellers running around in their yards at night. You may want people you don't know running around in your yard all night. I don't. Can I come hunt in your back yard tonight?

specialk

I agree with your general sentiment, but it ain't spun say-so. There were people trespassing in her yard, carrying hunting weapons at night after shooting hours, and there are photos and videos of them. This isn't anti-hunting propaganda, it's folks who own homes and don't want stupid seekjuan fellers running around in their yards at night. You may want people you don't know running around in your yard all night. I don't. Can I come hunt in your back yard tonight?
C'mon brother! bring Arlo, i'll watch him while you hunt!!:)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so.

Georgia has it right in towns and cities can regulate hunting on private property.
I absolutely think so. If people are out there hunting illegally and trespassing on other folks' land and not respecting the landowners, that definitely adds fuel to the fire for public support of banning hunting in that town. I don't see how you could think otherwise. People doing it right and setting a good example, and getting along with the property owners would serve to make the residents less hostile toward hunting.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Absolutely not, but I still don't believe everything I see and Read in the media. I was interviewed Live/tape delayed by one of the Local ATL evening News Stations once about 20 years ago and they still cherry picked what I stated in that interview. I was not only speaking for me, but our entire Rural Community.

So I'll end my debate here with real evidence of media bias as it applied to me and my Community

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I absolutely hate living in the Atlanta suburbs and will be departing for good in about 20 months. I hope to not have a neighbor within a mile back in a holler soon enough.

There is another problem that is not discussed here and that is the extreme overpopulation of suburban deer. Just on my road alone (3 miles), I have probably seen a 1000" inches of horns dead on the side of the road last month alone. Driving in the suburbs after dark but especially in October and November is a major risk.

How you take care of that and in a humane way, I dont know. I know a guy that was hunting on Core property a few years back and was asked by another hunter to help look for a deer. The deer ran into a subdivision with a bow wound and was dragging itself down a sidewalk. Apparently, it looked like a murder scene and the folks were none to happy about it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely not, but I still don't believe everything I see and Read in the media. I was interviewed Live/tape delayed by one of the Local ATL evening News Stations once about 20 years ago and they still cherry picked what I stated in that interview. I was not only speaking for me, but our entire Rural Community.

So I'll end my debate here with real evidence of media bias as it applied to me and my Community
I don't either. And agree with you about bias, but that doesn't mean everything on the news is a bald-faced imaginary lie, either. And, I do think these fellers were not doing themselves or other hunters any favors by sneaking around through peoples' yards after dark.

basshappy

BANNED
I don't think so.

Georgia has it right in towns and cities can’t regulate hunting on private property.

It gets real simple - no laws have to be changed or enacted. All that needs to happen is for enough homeowners to say "No, I'm sorry, you may not come onto my property. Good day."

Because all of these 'hoods are archery only, and what would the master archers here say - at least 50% of deer hit with an arrow run how far? 25 yards? 40 yards? In many of these 'hoods that deer just left the property where given permission to hunt and crossed onto 1 or more properties where no permission to access is given. So the deer cannot be recovered by the hunter. How many times would you as a 'hood hunter go through this before you say I give up no more and hunt elsewhere?

So every time folks break laws in 'hood hunting they make that line in the sand (property boundary) all that much more defined. Eventually enough home owners will unite and unless the deer drops right there no one will recover their kills.

Resica

That's what the misinformation I spoke of in post 25 was eluding to. That's one side of that story...period.

We have no Earthly idea if where those guys were hunting was legal or not and they may have very well have been tracking a wounded animal. I've had to get permission to track a wounded animal on others property myself.

If that was the case and they didn't acquire the permission to track that's bad on them.

But the main takeaway again is did we get all of the facts or are we simply assuming everything we're being told is the full story?

I have my doubts in todays times....
Permitted to have weapons in Ga. when tracking at night?

Latest posts