"Hunters" in Sandy Springs Make the News Again

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
There's some HUGE Bucks in Metro ATL and I mean Huge Trophy Bucks. There's also some guys that will stop at nothing almost to harvest that rack on their head.

We've had threads here about it before....this isn't the 1st time and I'd bet it was a GIANT.

Take your pick from below:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This urban hunting trend is supplying lots of ammo to the antis. I see no good coming of it.

basshappy

BANNED
Yeh. I don’t think it’s very wise to hunt in that environment. I was just poking at how clueless and different the woman was compared to how I grew up.

We don't know, we can only speculate. So speculating MAYBE this incident with the 5 trespassers was not the first incident for the home owners? Maybe they have had other incidents and they are fed up.

There is the door camera pic and there is a video of the trespassers walking through the yard without permission.

Definitely seems like there are more and more incidents popping up since seek lame began glorifying neighborhood rack killing on social media.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
This urban hunting trend is supplying lots of ammo to the antis. I see no good coming of it.

There's a couple of those guys that once they locate where those bucks core areas are they make contact with the Homeowners. I many cases they get permission from all involved and are 100% legal.

Unfortunately, that's not always the situation. There's always a Poacher out there somewhere that ruins it for legal hunters that have gotten permission.

I know from dealing with Poachers for a long time on Family owned large acreage that my brothers and I exclusively hunted and Managed.

Poachers are a nemesis for private property owners. They are thieves....period.

One other thing I'd point out in that story is that gal did not have a GA accent leaving me to believe she wasn't from the South.

In other words, we only got one side of a story.

There seems to be a whole lot of that going on nowadays as it relates to almost everything.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
One could be 100% legal but the pic that will be posted is dragging a deer down someone’s drive and loaded on a suburban street. Some lady telling the news how scared she is for her children playing in their backyard. It doesn’t matter whose right, it’s fuel for the antis.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
One could be 100% legal but the pic that will be posted is dragging a deer down someone’s drive and loaded on a suburban street. Some lady telling the news how scared she is for her children playing in their backyard. It doesn’t matter whose right, it’s fuel for the antis.

The ANTIS are no different than these little college kids recently protesting and chanting "Free Palestine" and "From the River to the Sea".

I prefer to confront them head on rather than Hide what I have a legal right to do as long as I'm breaking No Laws.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The ANTIS are no different than these little college kids recently protesting and chanting "Free Palestine" and "From the River to the Sea".

I prefer to confront them head on rather than Hide what I have a legal right to do as long as I'm breaking No Laws.
Except, these folks are breaking laws. They are trespassing, hunting without permission, and hunting at night. That translates to a bad look for all of us.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Except, these folks are breaking laws. They are trespassing, hunting without permission, and hunting at night. That translates to a bad look for all of us.

That's what the misinformation I spoke of in post 25 was eluding to. That's one side of that story...period.

We have no Earthly idea if where those guys were hunting was legal or not and they may have very well have been tracking a wounded animal. I've had to get permission to track a wounded animal on others property myself.

If that was the case and they didn't acquire the permission to track that's bad on them.

But the main takeaway again is did we get all of the facts or are we simply assuming everything we're being told is the full story?

I have my doubts in todays times....

Kev

Yes. 100% true. Allows them to push their agenda.

transfixer

Sadly she doesn’t realize there’s more dangerous people walking the streets in Sandy Springs than walking through the woods.

Having worked at a shop in Sandy Springs for 5yrs I can tell you for a fact the people that live in that area live in their own little "perfect" world, majority of them have attitudes , think Sandy Springs is "special" , many are arrogant and snobbish, with their perfectly manicured lawns and perfectly decorated houses, all done by hired help from south of the border , they don't want anyone hunting the deer, but complain when the deer eat their fancy landscape plants .

That being said, those guys with the crossbow were in the wrong, and were likely late teens/early twenty somethings that live in the area, and also have a privileged attitude, thinking they can do what they want !

An true hunter would know a deer shot with crossbow or any bow will run when shot, and will end up on someone elses property ! taking a shot right before dark under those circumstances is doubly irresponsible ! and not asking for permission before crossing onto someone's property is un-ethical and irresponsible! They should be ticketed for trespassing at the least , I'd be curious to know if they even had a hunting license ? While working over in that area I came in contact with many,many young guys who felt like they were special and freely spent Mommy and Daddy's money on their vehicles , Lots of old money in that area also

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Having worked at a shop in Sandy Springs for 5yrs I can tell you for a fact the people that live in that area live in their own little "perfect" world, majority of them have attitudes , think Sandy Springs is "special" , many are arrogant and snobbish, with their perfectly manicured lawns and perfectly decorated houses, all done by hired help from south of the border , they don't want anyone hunting the deer, but complain when the deer eat their fancy landscape plants .

That being said, those guys with the crossbow were in the wrong, and were likely late teens/early twenty somethings that live in the area, and also have a privileged attitude, thinking they can do what they want !

An true hunter would know a deer shot with crossbow or any bow will run when shot, and will end up on someone elses property ! taking a shot right before dark under those circumstances is doubly irresponsible ! and not asking for permission before crossing onto someone's property is un-ethical and irresponsible! They should be ticketed for trespassing at the least , I'd be curious to know if they even had a hunting license ? While working over in that area I came in contact with many,many young guys who felt like they were special and freely spent Mommy and Daddy's money on their vehicles , Lots of old money in that area also

Yep probably all it is, a bunch of hoopla over some teens with crossbows and a Hot yoga pants Country Club Mom that they won't give the time of day because of a Giant Buck they been trying to kill eating her Azaleas.

:bounce:

turkeykirk

From the river to the sea city deer will be free!:rofl::rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Simple question: How many of us are comfortable with strangers we don't know walking around in our yards at night doing whatever they want? Is that ok? It's not with me. I reckon I'm a Karen.

earlthegoat2

I see plenty of deer stands and blinds next to roads and interstates even.

As long as you are not situated to shoot over a roadway, I’m sure this reg is rarely enforced on private land.