Foggy Morning on The Hooch!

ryork

Fished the Hooch in the extreme upper reaches of West Point to near Franklin this morning. Very foggy for a couple hours. Ended up having a good morning with some nice stripers and one good flathead. Water had some stain still but wasn't too bad and temps ran 66-68 in the river. Bite was real good early but died mid-morning and beyond.

10-13 (3).jpg10-13 (2).jpg10-13 (4).jpg10-13 (5).jpg10-13 (7).jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Way to go!

ryork

Y’all lucky guys that get to fish during the week. Ought to be a law.

Years ago now, I was struggling with whether to go into business for myself. I made a list, handwritten on a piece of notebook paper, the pros and cons, positives and negatives. Right at the top, not at the very top but close, was to be able to fish during the week when I could. I answer calls, texts and emails and have been known to have my laptop in the boat..........

Liquid nails

Years ago now, I was struggling with whether to go into business for myself. I made a list, handwritten on a piece of notebook paper, the pros and cons, positives and negatives. Right at the top, not at the very top but close, was to be able to fish during the week when I could. I answer calls, texts and emails and have been known to have my laptop in the boat..........
Good for you. I did the same thing 10 years ago and now barely have time to fish on the weekend. Congrats on being able to fish and work at the same time?

ryork

Good for you. I did the same thing 10 years ago and now barely have time to fish on the weekend. Congrats on being able to fish and work at the same time?

Well.... I don't try to make a habit of doing both at the same time, but being a small business owner for a while you have to stay reachable to some degree. Had a guy fishing with me one time and I answered a couple of calls and he said "it will still be there tomorrow"........... I told him I can't always count on that and I need it/them to be there tomorrow and next week, next year and so on. I sold the business a while back, so don't do too much of that anymore. Still work part time for the purchasing firm, so kind of feel obliged to take a phone call if important or to answer an email if needed here or there. That is few and far between these days though which is nice.

Redbow

Nice job on the fish. Yes fishing during the week has its privileges. I worked for the railroad and had off days during the week years ago. That was a good time to fish for me as well. But actually now days there are lots of folks fishing during the week, plenty of retired folks around and people who Uncle Sam pays not to work so now they fish.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great day on the water , and yes when I left my house on the northeast side of the lake yesterday at 5:30 headed to work it was so foggy I could barely see the hwy