for the other college folks on here

keller625

i go to georgia southern, and we had a football game today at home. of course most people know what comes with college football, pre-game parties, and post game parties, especialy when we win like we did tonight. i was just wonderin how people fit in social (drinking) events with hunting. i realized tonight im already used to goin to bed at three, so there is no way im goin to bed at ten to go hunting the next morning, so iv decided after i post this to take a powernap, and iv talked to my roommate(big hunter, but also a frat boy), and hes gonna wake me up around 3:45 when he comes in. in the past iv stayed up literaly all night to hunt the next morning, im just wondering(health issues aside, ill catchg up on sleep tommorow) if im a freak for this, and way to addicted to hunting, or if other people do this or did this too?

merc123

Friend of my works the night shift. He gets off at 7AM usually. We would meet up and we'd go straight into the woods after he got off work. 12 hour shift, then another 6 or 7 in stand.

XJfire75

I quit college but it isn't uncommon for me to stay up til 2 am doing somethin on Friday nights then be in the stand half away by sunrise haha. Rarely get more than 6 hours of sleep anyways so I'm good to go for the morning hunt in a little while haha.

Good luck to ya and congrats on the win tonight!

keller625

man, hunting after a long day of work would be rough, thats die-hard hunting right there.

i figure im not gonna get much sleep anyways, might as well stay up all night and get in nice and early.i can always take a nap between morning and evening hunts if i decide to come out of the woods. btw, thats a nice lookin xj you got there.id have one if i fit in them

XJfire75

Yep first few weeks if bow season I bring my bow and clothes to work and change when I get to the club haha. At least 3 days a week during the week and mornings Friday-Sunday haha. Just rather be out there than inside doing nuttin.

Thanks man. Lotta work but i like it a lot. I wheel with a few guys in your area from time to time too.

GusGus

There hasnt been much opportunity for me to hunt. Its been raining every weekend so Ive been "celebrating" the UGA and Texas victories. Once the weather breaks, Ill settle for just watching the games, then its off to bed and the woods in the mornings.

cpowel10

i go to georgia southern, and we had a football game today at home. of course most people know what comes with college football, pre-game parties, and post game parties, especialy when we win like we did tonight. i was just wonderin how people fit in social (drinking) events with hunting. i realized tonight im already used to goin to bed at three, so there is no way im goin to bed at ten to go hunting the next morning, so iv decided after i post this to take a powernap, and iv talked to my roommate(big hunter, but also a frat boy), and hes gonna wake me up around 3:45 when he comes in. in the past iv stayed up literaly all night to hunt the next morning, im just wondering(health issues aside, ill catchg up on sleep tommorow) if im a freak for this, and way to addicted to hunting, or if other people do this or did this too?

I'm a junior at Valdosta State so I know what you're going through. With working 35-40 hours a week and being a full time student its hard....but you gotta prioritize. Beer....or Deer? Or compromise...a few beers, hop in the bed, and have plenty of time for deer in the morning :cool:

ddd-shooter

Years from now your time spent drinking will only leave you with a bad liver...
Your time in the woods will leave you with the best memories of your life...

Jaker

Banned
Im a student at auburn, and heres what I do just about every weekend.

Ex. This friday, done with class at noon, deer hunt til dark, party all night, stop drinkin about midnight, but keep partyin, met my huntin buddy at 3:45 am. drove an hour and fifteen to go duck hunt, get back about mid day. sleep til 6, go to game, repeat same procedure for sunday. sleep til about 8pm once i get back. then study til about midnight. and sleep for a few hours monday when im done wit class and im caught up. if you think about it thats 14 hours of sleep for 2 nights, not that bad, its just during the day not at night.

Jaker

Banned
oh yeah and im in the honors college and an engineering student, with a 3.6 gpa, so its definately dooable and still be able to make good grades

keller625

yea, right now my grades are fine, its just some nights i put off sleep till the next day. im lucky, my earliest class is at 11 so i can realy get caught up any day of the week. and shoot, tue and thur mornings i can be in the woods cause i dont have class till 2.

Down4Count

no i did it. and now work shift work 6am-6pm 2 weeks then 6pm-6am 2 weeks and i find plenty of time to chase both types of whitetails.

thompsonsz71

you can sleep when your dead! hahah but all jokes aside im down in the boro alot we need to get together and do some huntin down there!

Todd E

You should not try to fit in sociable(drinking) events w/hunting. They do not go together. If you are trying to mix them all............you are impaired. Before you say I am not......look up the definition of impaired.

DeadEye09

Im up at GaTech and I just purposefully schedule my schedule around hunting. Only one class on Friday and its over at 12! After that I head down to the Farm and do some huntin.

i stay up late during the week so I can get all my work done so that I have time to go hunt.

DeadEye

FishinMech

yes yall he has it set up so he can hunt the am and school in the afternoon and i take all my classes online so i donr have to go to class haha

tim1225agr

....but you gotta prioritize. Beer....or Deer? Or compromise...a few beers, hop in the bed, and have plenty of time for deer in the morning :cool:

This was the route I took. I worked at night and hunted deer and duck every morning I could. Now that I look back at it I wish I would have drank less and hunted more. When you get out of school and get a real job you will wish you could get in the woods like you can right now. Live it up.