Fort Yargo Quota Hunt

AMBarritt

Just checking to see if anybody has any experience with the Fort Yargo Quota Hunt? Pretty sure I'll get drawn this year and I'll be doing a little scouting while fishing over the next couple months. Any info about the hunt is welcomed.

Big7

The Oracle
About how long have you been trying to get drawn?

TonyP62

Just checking to see if anybody has any experience with the Fort Yargo Quota Hunt? Pretty sure I'll get drawn this year and I'll be doing a little scouting while fishing over the next couple months. Any info about the hunt is welcomed.
I also got drawn for that hunt. Guess i will have to take some trips there and check it out i live about 30 minutes away.

Big7

The Oracle
5 years now. Last year I think a few folks got drawn with 3 points. 4 points is the only guarantee though.
That's a load of bull on the government's part.

All that land either owned by or leased with the taxpayer's money and you have to wait and keep up with all that red tape for 5 years?

Something's rotten in Denmark.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
That's a load of bull on the government's part.

All that land either owned by or leased with the taxpayer's money and you have to wait and keep up with all that red tape for 5 years?

Something's rotten in Denmark.

So you think anyone who wants to go should be able to just show up and hunt ?

Big7

The Oracle
So you think anyone who wants to go should be able to just show up and hunt ?
Don't you have to have a WMA stamp to hunt WNA's?

Anyone that has a trout stamp can just show up and fish.
:pop:

Big7

The Oracle
You are a scholar sir.

1)WMA stamps haven’t existed for several years.

2)There are just as many restricted trout fishing areas as there are quota areas for hunting. Just to name a few, Dukes Creek trophy stream is quota fishing, Mocassin Creek is restricted to kids only. Not to mention all the delayed harvest creeks and the restrictions on them.

You are batting 0 for 1 boss.
Good thing I deleted my reply to your post.

I might get around to sending you a PM.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Don't you have to have a WMA stamp to hunt WNA's?

Anyone that has a trout stamp can just show up and fish.
:pop:

This thread isn’t about WMA hunting. It’s about a state park hunt.

There is a huge amount of planning and logistics that goes into closing a state park for even 2 days. I have been on 2 hunts at Hard Labor.

Our DNR and Park Rangers did an excellent job providing a quality experience for the quota amount of hunters.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

If you haven’t already, go down to the public land forum and do a search on Yargo. You should find past threads about that hunt.

Good luck !!!!!

TonyP62

Gonna go down this afternoon to look around and go to the mandatory meeting at 6. Im gonna try to post some stuff like the guy did on Don Carter if i can. Really dont know what to expect as this is my first state park hunt. Hopefully i can squeeze in somewhere i have been a couple of times and looked over the area i picked but it looks like a lot of folks gonna be jammed in tight.