Forum question/ help

Cranium

Ever since we upgraded to the new board I have the same issue/problem every Monday...after being in the woods all weekend when I check in to the Campfire on Monday mornings, I just hit the "view new posts" button, the site brings up all of the posts since Friday (usually around 300's). I then start surfing the posts..when I get to page 6 & try to go to any pages further than that I get this message:
"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
"
It's like there is a memory buffer on how many new posts can be viewed before it resets itself..or there is a session timer..if I go back & hit the view new posts button again, the systems refreshes & I get the new posts that have happened since I started the surfing...BUT I have lost the many unviewed new posts, unless I go to each forum individually & surf that ways.

Anybody else experience this?? Any help on how to solve the issue would be appreciated

Handgunner

The only way I know of how to fix it is, visit here on weekends too! :D

First I've heard of this Jeff, I'll refer it to "The A-Team" and see what they say...

Dog Hunter

I don't have that problem. It lets me go through all of them. How long from when you start is this happening??? Maybe a time issue.

Cranium

Agreed..it might be a session time thing....but I figure that JT or Skipper would rattle the answer off quickly

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Jeff ------- It is a timing issue with the software.

The limit of inactivity is 900 seconds after a person engages the "View New Messages" button. -- (I have no idea why 900 is the magic number?)

Let's say you come in on Monday morning and go to view new posts and for whatever reason you have to leave your computer for "900 seconds" -- when you return, all those new posts will be filed into their respective forums.

Same thing - if a person began reading new posts and went to an email or another site for "900 seconds" :bounce: ----- when you return, the new posts will no longer be there (new).

Sometimes - I wonder about technology :D

Hoss

I've hit that problem. Thanks for the explanation Woody. Guess I just have to read faster.

Hoss

Cranium

Thanks sir Woodrow!!!!
Man that first day coming back after a weeks vacation & those pages of new posts is just going to be a fantasy now huh?