Friday night grub....went the easy route here....whatcha rolling with ????

Dub

Teenage T-Rex said his girlfriend would be doing us for dinner.....she's averse to meat.....but we've been making inroads...she ate lobsta & crab cakes last night, salmon the other night.....eggs quite often for breakfusses......progress. She may be onto wangs 'n ribs at some point :rofl:

Looking at the labels of the stuff she eats and I see that there is something missing.....cholesterol. She may be onto something relevant to my goals.

All things in moderation is my motto.

So.....got started on the beans early on....Bush's has always been great....so I went with their "vegetarian" version and doctored it up with the usual suspects.

Ran two skillets to keep the convicts separated......veggie burgers & veggie hot dogs......Hebrew Nationals.....chedda-bacon burgers in the other. Everyone played nicely and came on up to cruising & eating temps together.

We will see how things roll from here.

Hopefully you fine folks have no conflicting interests in your meals tonight.

Let's see what you got going if you get the chance to post 'em up.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's looking gooooood, Dub!

No vegetarians in the mix here, thankfully. I found porterhouses and NY strips on sale at Ingle's today, so that's going for tonight. My shiitake mushroom logs have a good flush on them and we just went and picked a good mess. Baked taters just went into the oven.

My son, his wife, and the grandkids are coming in for the weekend-they left coastal NC about 2:30. My son requested a fish fry tomorrow, and my daughter-in-law, a Texas girl, requested a smoked brisket for Sunday. I went and got a 15-lb packer this afternoon. Looks like a busy weekend.

When your Waco, Texas-born-and-raised DIL tells you that your brisket is the best she ever ate, flattery will get you another brisket. :bounce:

Reactions: Dub

MOTS

Did you get some cast iron, looks like the Stargazer you mentioned a few weeks ago.

Dub

That's looking gooooood, Dub!

No vegetarians in the mix here, thankfully. I found porterhouses and NY strips on sale at Ingle's today, so that's going for tonight. My shiitake mushroom logs have a good flush on them and we just went and picked a good mess. Baked taters just went into the oven.

My son, his wife, and the grandkids are coming in for the weekend-they left coastal NC about 2:30. My son requested a fish fry tomorrow, and my daughter-in-law, a Texas girl, requested a smoked brisket for Sunday. I went and got a 15-lb packer this afternoon. Looks like a busy weekend.

When your Waco, Texas-born-and-raised DIL tells you that your brisket is the best she ever ate, flattery will get you another brisket. :bounce:

That's what I'm taking about right there......you are rolling with the tide and gonna make some serious home run eats !!!!!

Fish fries & brisket.......I could live on the corner between those two favorites !!!!!!

I know you'll do 'em proud.

You going freshwater or saltwater on the fish ?

Did you get some cast iron, looks like the Stargazer you mentioned a few weeks ago.

Yup.....it's their one and only product....a 10.5". They are saying they'll have a larger version available sometime this year.

Surface is smooth as glass. Seasoning process is underway. Should be done in about 30+ years. :rofl:

ugajay

Looking good guys!!! I have a salad with me tonight. I'm gonna be mighty hongry when I leave work at 7 in the morning

ugajay

I hear ya....gonna have to be content with this dinner for myself....until 3:45am alarm clock goes off.

That is one exceptional looking dog you got there. I'm loving the green peppers in the beans. Never tried that before but it will be happening

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I'm taking about right there......you are rolling with the tide and gonna make some serious home run eats !!!!!

Fish fries & brisket.......I could live on the corner between those two favorites !!!!!!

Yup.....it's their one and only product....a 10.5". They are saying they'll have a larger version available sometime this year.

Surface is smooth as glass. Seasoning process is underway. Should be done in about 30+ years. :rofl:

Clark’s Hill catfish.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
In Cherokee for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Grilled some fresh GA shrimp, ribeys and asparagus. Life is good!!
Doesn’t get much better than that!

ky55

Salmon patties and pinto beans here.

JHannah92

We went out to Red Lobster tonight. Not bad, satisfied my seafood craving.

Of course, now I'm craving a big fat hot dog. Maybe next time.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
A lot of good looking easy meals tonight , I went easy to , hamburger steak and fries , sure could of used some of dubs baked beans to go with it !F8AF930C-4130-4FE8-B38A-8E9817C13489.jpeg

Attachments

• 4609DCBD-4D87-42A1-A569-CDFC96846248.jpeg
    4609DCBD-4D87-42A1-A569-CDFC96846248.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 0

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Arby's and a movie. I slept through the movie. What a looser. Got a big deal tomorrow before the dove shoot, redemption is a possibility.