Friday Through Sunday Eats (Pic Heavy)

ryork

Due to first one thing and another, haven't done a lot of cooking lately, or at least much to write home about. Started Friday night with something my father-in-law turned me on to years ago. He's from upstate New York and this is a Yankee thing for sure, but it's good so I've learned to look past that. Start with marinating chicken cubes in NY State Fair Spiedie Sauce, which you can get at most grocery stores, Ingles, Kroger and Publix anyhow. Grill those and onions and peppers. I opened the rolls and grilled them after brushing with a mix of olive, oil, garlic, butter and a little w'shire sauce. Then basically serve it up as a sandwhich with a little more the Spiedie Sauce spooned over the top. The sauce is the kicker for the whole deal. The ingredients listed on the bottle don't differ much from your basic Italian Dressing, but whatever it is, it's good!

Saturday night had the basic NY Strip, Asparagus, and Baked Tater.

Slow cooked some baby backs today. Had some homemade cole slaw and fried green tomatoes as sides.

Gonna polish it off with some blue berry cobbler and then pass out and sleep for a good 8-9 hrs!

Attachments

• 8-1 (1).jpg
    8-1 (1).jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 8-1 (2).jpg
    8-1 (2).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 228
  • 8-1 (3).jpg
    8-1 (3).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 8-1 (4).jpg
    8-1 (4).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 8-2 (1).jpg
    8-2 (1).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 8-2 (2).jpg
    8-2 (2).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 8-2 (3).jpg
    8-2 (3).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 8-3 (1).jpg
    8-3 (1).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 8-3 (2).jpg
    8-3 (2).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 229

droptine06

Official Supper Thread Starter
Man!!! You knocked all 3 meals out the park! That Yankee
Sammich looks dern good to!

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
You done good York. My family is from upstate western ny. One thing south don't understand about that area it is like the south only colder winters. Country is country.