Steak Night & Other Recent Eats

ryork

Still eating from the garden in January! Spaghetti and meatballs, the "pasta" is a spaghetti squash I picked in September, and the sauce from some canned tomatoes.

That next thing I don't what to call it exactly...... seared some chicken coated with cumin, chili powder and such, covered in a chunky pico de gallo type deal and baked and then topped with cheese, black beans, cilantro, etc........ Was actually pretty good.

Next up some shrimp and grits but not exactly in the traditional way. Usual stuff, bacon, Conecuh, onions, peppers etc plus a few shrooms sweated down, and then deglazed the pan with a little sherry. Then added some chicken stock, a good dose of w'shire sauce, and some cream and let that simmer down. Added the shrimp at the end and served with some goat cheese spiked grits. Good stuff! Bad for you though.......

Last night I grilled up a couple NY Strips. Baked tater and braised spinach as sides. If you like spinach, try cooking it on the grill. That's just spinach, a little chicken stock, some shallots, salt and pepper. Outstanding!

1-11 (2).jpg1-11 (3).jpg1-11 (5).jpg1-11 (6).jpg1-11 (7).jpg1-11 (9).jpg1-11 (10).jpg1-11 (11).jpg1-11 (12).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fine, fine looking eats! :clap:

tjchurch

Five star eats, sir.

the Lackster

Still eating from the garden in January! Spaghetti and meatballs, the "pasta" is a spaghetti squash I picked in September, and the sauce from some canned tomatoes.

That next thing I don't what to call it exactly...... seared some chicken coated with cumin, chili powder and such, covered in a chunky pico de gallo type deal and baked and then topped with cheese, black beans, cilantro, etc........ Was actually pretty good.

Next up some shrimp and grits but not exactly in the traditional way. Usual stuff, bacon, Conecuh, onions, peppers etc plus a few shrooms sweated down, and then deglazed the pan with a little sherry. Then added some chicken stock, a good dose of w'shire sauce, and some cream and let that simmer down. Added the shrimp at the end and served with some goat cheese spiked grits. Good stuff! Bad for you though.......

Last night I grilled up a couple NY Strips. Baked tater and braised spinach as sides. If you like spinach, try cooking it on the grill. That's just spinach, a little chicken stock, some shallots, salt and pepper. Outstanding!

View attachment 1059969View attachment 1059970View attachment 1059971View attachment 1059972View attachment 1059973View attachment 1059974View attachment 1059975View attachment 1059976View attachment 1059977
Pure beauty

AugustaDawg

View attachment 1059974
It all looks incredible! But this ^^, Good Lord!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member

View attachment 1059969View attachment 1059970View attachment 1059971View attachment 1059972View attachment 1059973View attachment 1059974View attachment 1059975View attachment 1059976View attachment 1059977

Fantastic!!!

pop pop jones

You sure put a lot of time and energy into your meals. It get under my skin, when it takes me an hour, to cook a meal that's eaten up in 20 minutes. Are you any kin to Jobe.

ryork

You sure put a lot of time and energy into your meals. It get under my skin, when it takes me an hour, to cook a meal that's eaten up in 20 minutes. Are you any kin to Jobe.

Being totally serious, there wasn’t much in the way of time involved in any of that. That tomato sauce or the grits may simmer on the stove for hours but literally a couple minutes to put in the pot and forget about it. Can do something else or nothing at all while it cooks. Couple minutes to get taters in the oven, and again nothing else to do. A few minutes to get the grill going and and at 550-600 degrees those strip steaks are med rare in no time at all. Probably less than 30 min start to finish on the shrimp and grits.