Full moon bream trip 2020 April or May?

weagle

I'm planning a 3 day fishing vacation this year with the target being bream beds. Middle Ga. Charlie Elliot, Jackson Lake, Sinclair area.

Question for the Bream experts. Would you pick the April 8th or May 7th full moon as being the best bet?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'm planning a 3 day fishing vacation this year with the target being bream beds. Middle Ga. Charlie Elliot, Jackson Lake, Sinclair area.

Question for the Bream experts. Would you pick the April 8th or May 7th full moon as being the best bet?
It's hard to pick a date due to weather,temperature etc. The only thing I would say is to go fishing a lot. If you discount March all together you may completely miss the Shell Crackers. About ten years ago I was very good at catching bream,I went twice or three times a week from the middle of March to June first. I've caught bream on bed about as much off the full moon as on.

Bream Pole

Water temp has always seemed the key to bedding for me. If water temp 65 or + will start to bed either full or new moon. Usually bed same area. This site will give you surface water temps on Altamaha river. If 65 on moving water of Altamaha, will be at least 65 on still lake water in same region.

ribber

May 7th

fish hawk

Bass Master
May is prime time but they will bed on the full and new moons April thru July,sometimes longer.

weagle

Thanks. I'm leaning toward April because I've had better luck with the shellcrackers a little earlier in the year.