GA Game Check, request for input

redwards

Wouldn't the number of hunters increase if the rut activity is better?
Yes, I would think so
I hunt in Decatur county and many people I talk to don't even start hunting regularly until beginning of December since our rut doesn't start until about Christmas.
The chart below shows the number of Bucks reported by day in Decatur County from opening day of Firearms season thru Dec 3, so the bucks were moving and there were hunters in the woods...and I'm not trying to be smart...just that the data WRD provides is and can be useful to us hunters...plus, I just like fooling around with numbers.
We still haven't seen any scrapes being made yet on in the SW part of the county.
Hope the rut kicks in for y'all down there like it did for us up here in November!

Attachments

• Decatur County.JPG
    Decatur County.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 128

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Are those charts giving an indication that the rut is kicking or about every 6 or 7 days on the weekend that there’s more hunters in the woods?

garveywallbanger

Incomplete data on WMA hunts especially Check in hunt data is not being included for some management areas like Ocmulgee WMA.

spencer12

Awesome, I'm a big fan of the new game check. It would be nice to be able to see the number of deer killed on each day of the season and maybe have some way to group the majority of bucks killed by region or county to get a better understanding of how and when bucks are most likely to be seen or killed.

Bullhound

Yes, I would think so

The chart below shows the number of Bucks reported by day in Decatur County from opening day of Firearms season thru Dec 3, so the bucks were moving and there were hunters in the woods...and I'm not trying to be smart...just that the data WRD provides is and can be useful to us hunters...plus, I just like fooling around with numbers.

Hope the rut kicks in for y'all down there like it did for us up here in November!

That is really cool. I'll be interested to see the increase this month. I'd be willing to bet the monthly totals for bucks will double or triple this month.

I'd also be willing to bet this cold front will help too!

Bullhound

Yes, I would think so

Just browsed through some other county totals. Decatur County has about 1/3 of deer killed were bucks. Most of the other countries ties I looked at from Central GA has 50% or more bucks. That worries me for the future of the herd in SW GA. People are killing mostly does because that's mostly what we see until the last few weeks of the season. I'll be curious to see if the percentage tilts towards bucks by season ends.

bilgerat

Senior
I think we should be able to edit our entries if we make a mistake, I tried to enter a doe on My phone and accidentally entered it as a buck with less than 4 points some how.

ProAngler

More truth to that statement than most anybody realizes.
What's the highest single day of Total Reports submitted?
Just look at the chart...Opening day of Firearms Season...
Sure, there are other days that are close to that number, but which day(s) of the week are they?...Saturdays and Sundays, Holidays...now, Saturday, Nov. 11th comes close to opening day of Firearms Season...and most everybody doesn't need a chart to know that the 11th day of Nov. give or take a few days, is "THE" time to be in the woods, but sometimes data does help the visualization of what you already know in your gut.

Thanks for putting this together.

Meriwether Mike

I like the new game check system through the phone app. Keep up the good work Georgia DNR!

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I think we should be able to edit our entries if we make a mistake, I tried to enter a doe on My phone and accidentally entered it as a buck with less than 4 points some how.

You can, just call 1-800-366-2661. They can invalidate the record and you just redo it with the correct info.

PappyHoel

You can, just call 1-800-366-2661. They can invalidate the record and you just redo it with the correct info.

Yep I had to use that number. I didn't have signal and reported my turkey kill multiple times. When I got signal it posted the multiple times I tried. I had to get the nice lady on the phone to fix it. She was helpful.

leftystar

If want more accurate numbers your gonna have to enforce the processors to take them. I have killed several deer this year and have used the app on everyone I killed. The 2 processors I use hasn't asked for a number yet and I haven't given one either. Last year I bet was more accurate because everyone thought the processors were gonna enforce it too.

PappyHoel

If want more accurate numbers your gonna have to enforce the processors to take them. I have killed several deer this year and have used the app on everyone I killed. The 2 processors I use hasn't asked for a number yet and I haven't given one either. Last year I bet was more accurate because everyone thought the processors were gonna enforce it too.

Haven't taken one this year but my guy was adamant that he needed one last year to process it. I believe they are supposed to require it.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

The regulation requires hunters to provide the confirmation number to processors. If the hunter does not provide it, they are liable.

Mako22

BANNED
Honestly I believe that providing this data out there is just going to drive the horn hunters to demand even more insane regulations on hunting.

Grunt-n-bleat

I reported a harvest back in November. Copied the number down and gave it to my processor. Later that evening I accessed the GO Outdoors APP on my phone. Checked the mobile history for and it gave me 6 different confirmation numbers/records for the one harvest.
The next day I called the DNR office and they gave me a # to call to fix the issue. He "deleted" the 5 extra confirmation numbers.
My question is:

Does these extra confirmations stay in the overall harvest records for the county?
Reason I ask, there are several hunters I have spoken to, have had the same issue.

Thanks