Garden sure looks good with all this rain !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
All of our vegetables have started coming in wide open . All of the rain we’ve gotten has sure helped so far . Got to get started picking butter beans and peas this weekend and more corn . Gonna be eating good this winter . I’ve gave all my neighbors plenty of squash . Just took a land owner that lets me hunt a load also . I make sure his family has plenty of fresh vegetables . 43F693CF-E7E1-4EDE-9365-5E33D046E111.jpeg44B97B88-FFBC-43A0-8869-A5BD86DD7146.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Better get to work on putting up some of that corn and squash.
The corn is done , usually just eat enough squash while they making to last the rest of the year . I’ve tried to put up squash a few times and it didn’t turn out the best . I’d like to hear from any of you that freeze it .

fatback

When we are getting lots of squash, I like to make up several squash casseroles in those aluminum pans and freeze them. Put into a 350 degree oven when your ready to eat one and they are good, if you like squash casserole. Best way I’ve found. I’ve not had much luck just freezing the squash by itself.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
The corn is done , usually just eat enough squash while they making to last the rest of the year . I’ve tried to put up squash a few times and it didn’t turn out the best . I’d like to hear from any of you that freeze it .
I slice mine about 1/2" thick and vacuum seal them in 2 layers with wax paper between them...
But we only bake them not fry.

Shadow11

Squash pickles sure are good in the winter with some soup beans and corn bread. My mom has made them before. She slices them up like you are going to fry, but there're some other things in it as well. Not sure what all else.