Garmin Alpha 100

CCSAR22

I just got my Garmin Alpha 100 on Friday and had the chance to take it out on Saturday to test it out. If you hunt with dogs this tracker is a must have...at least to me.

CCSAR22

I love it. I haven’t hinted over birds with it yet, but the point feature is awesomeness for it!

Hillbilly stalker

Do yourself a favor and make a habit of locking the screen when it’s in your pocket or holster. Trust me , you will pull it out one time and see some crazy stuff. You will most likely have to make a phone call to straighten it out. I love mine.

specialk

i keep mine on the lanyard it came with hung around my neck tucked down in my bibs.....i keep it locked on the compass mode which will show 3 dogs, yardage, and direction....works for me.....

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I've used the Astro 320 for the past 7 years on two dogs. Biggest leap forward from it was acquiring the Fenix 3 HR watch that bluetooth connects to it. I have 4 collars, two DC40, a DC50 and a T5. When quail or woodcock hunting, I leave one collar in the truck in addition to the two on dogs. The 4th is a spare. With the watch, I can track the dogs and have the truck's direction and distance visible on the watch screen at all times. The watch alerts a vibration and tone when dogs are on point. I usually set the handheld on map and the only time I look at it is when I want to know the dogs' speed and total distances traveled. Otherwise, it is on a lanyard around my neck. The watch has become my daily watch. Gil

Beagles N Boykins

Tie to to yourself. Also if you have a buddy with one create a contact with them so when you drop it you can find it. That being said it’s the best tool for a dog hunter ever invented. I hunt beagles and bird dogs and would not let a dog out of the box without it. I’ve got 12 collars and have only had one issue and Garmin took care of my needs quickly.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I was woodcock hunting this season in dense cover with my two Britts and Abby went on point over a 100 yards out. Willa had come back to check on me but Abby held firm. Out of nowhere another dog joined Willa. I kept tracking Abby and when I got to within about 20-30 feet of where the Fenix indicated she should be all I saw was her T5 and collar with bell on the ground. I knew I'd seen that other dog running with Willa before. Gil