Georgia football ranked No. 1 in initial College Football Playoff Rankings

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...Georgia-Bulldogs-No-1-initial--174419107/Amp/

GO Dawgs

''Alabama, at 7-1, is ranked No. 2 in the first set of playoff rankings. Michigan State, 8-0 on the year, is ranked No. 3 after beating No. 7 Michigan last week. Oregon holds the No. 4 spot with a 7-1 overall record and a win over No. 5, one-loss Ohio State. Cincinnati, with an undefeated record and a road win over No. 10 Notre Dame, comes in at No. 6."

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I see nick saban peeled off $100 bills to the right people again

He had to peel off a few extra this year. The booster club will make him whole.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
If Oklahoma runs the table I would think they would be in the top 4

If Ok, Wake, Cindy, Oregon and either MSU or OSU all run the table it's going to be VERY interesting no matter what happens in the SEC.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
You can add Goider Dame into that mix as well if they win out

buckpasser

I, for one, pretty much agree with it for the most part. I like that they think about who would likely beat who, strength of schedule, and where teams are RIGHT NOW more than just record. We all know the bearcats aren’t really in the top 4 and they basically have no ability to move themselves up at this point. They just have to wish misfortune on others.

#4 and #8 puzzle me a bit though…

Final thought, it’s really UGA then everyone else anyway.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Final thought, it’s really UGA then everyone else anyway.

The other three are going to be Bama and the two other teams they think can beat the Dawgs.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I agree. Until they go to more teams invited to take more of the subjectivity out of it it is just an invitational.

Funny how all the other college football divisions have an actual playoff system but not Division 1A, huh? Then there's all the other college sports and sports in general that have an actual playoff system be it single or double elimination. And there's no voting on who is in. Your W/L record is all that matters.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I don’t understand the OSU ranking at all and even Oregon is too high in my opinion
Why is that? Because they’re not sec teams? You haven’t even watched either team play so your opinion doesn’t count?

Latest posts