Georgia / Ga Tech (2023)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Cussin Kirby needs to breathe some fire on that defense.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That was for dang sure. Tech was gashing us! Tech came to play, UGA showed up, but didn't show out.
I still say dawgs weren’t taking the jackets serious and the jackets came to play real football. You gotta tip your hat to the jackets. They are a much better team than their record.

This game should have been a warmup scrimmage for the SECCG. Instead we just did get out still wearing our skin. It doesn’t inspire confidence for next week.

MudDucker

Staff member
I still say dawgs weren’t taking the jackets serious and the jackets came to play real football. You gotta tip your hat to the jackets. They are a much better team than their record.

This game should have been a warmup scrimmage for the SECCG. Instead we just did get out still wearing our skin. It doesn’t inspire confidence for next week.

Well, we did better against Tech than Bammer did against the Barn. And yea, the DAWGS didn't seem up. They were just going through the motions.

Buford_Dawg

UGA's defense is not up to the last few years. We are suspect against a running QB and give up alot of rushing yards. Our DL does not have a run stopper like years past and our LB's are not what we have seen. I think #33 will get there but he is a true freshman and gets tricked alot and is out of position many times. #2 is not a run stopper either, he better sideline to sideline and covering backs out of backfield. The Bama QB may get 150 yards hisself against us. I think we will have to outscore Bama if we have a shot against them as they are gonna likely run all over us.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
It loooed exactly like I thought it would. They knew Tech wasn’t going to beat them. They have Alabama next week. And when Kirby had Brock, Ladd, and Tate Ratledge all dressed but kept them on the sideline it was like saying, “We can win this with one arm tied behind our back.”

Tech wanted to win bad and the officials were a crew of Karens that made some really weird calls and yet Tech was never going to win this game. Key and his tough guy act is cute. Onward and upward.

brownceluse

The Dawgs ran the ball when the entire stadium knew we running the ball to kill the clock to put the final nail in the coffin. That says everything about the game. Key kicking that field goal said a lot too. He knew he couldn’t win and wanted a moral victory on the scoreboard. Also, Kirby showed Key mercy as well. The Dawgs could’ve scored again instead running the clock out. Any other team would would’ve got another TD on the books. Keys comments. We are sticking with the game plan. Lol

Duff

A buddy of mine came to the house and we watched the Bama/Barn game then the Dawgs/GT game. He’s a big Bama fan. He was whining about how bad the Dawgs were going to beat Bama during the first game. I was whining about how bad Bama was going to beat the Dawgs during the second game :bounce:

A win is a win is a win!

Go Dawgs!!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way

And this has been their "MO" all year. Laze around and look like any semi competent team could beat them, but when a Ol Miss or Mizzou or UT are in front of them, look out, they're gonna show out and show folks what real football looks like.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They played 2 high safety and a bunch of freshmen all night. That is not the defense you will see Saturday.
I hope not. It’s always good to get playing time for everybody on the depth chart and especially against GT but dang. Even the offense had trouble.

TinKnocker

I hope not. It’s always good to get playing time for everybody on the depth chart and especially against GT but dang. Even the offense had trouble.
The offense wasn't as bad as it seems on paper. They still had 437 yards of offense and the fact they rushed for 262 and ate up a lot of clock and limited the total offensive numbers. They also threw far fewer passes (20) than their season average (31). The 2 turnovers didn't help either.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The offense wasn't as bad as it seems on paper. They still had 437 yards of offense and the fact they rushed for 262 and ate up a lot of clock and limited the total offensive numbers. They also threw far fewer passes (20) than their season average (31). The 2 turnovers didn't help either.
They were very vanilla too. Look how Beck’s pass attempts dropped that game.