Get to Know You Better Cruise

olcaptain

Get to Know You Better Cruise

I have found that it is difficult to get to know someone by only speaking across the room or perhaps down the pew at church. The best way to build friendships in my opinion is to simply use the tools that you have been given and spend time with the other person one on one.

Under the umbrella of the theme “Bloom where you are planted” I try my best to use my dog, my canoe and the Good Lord’s creek to expand my sphere of influence and make new and/or strengthen current friendships.

1.jpg

Gliding along in my vintage boat and taking in the sights and sounds of Crooked Creek lends itself to “opening a dialog” and before you know it the conversation is flowing as easy as the water over the Talking Rocks.

5.jpg

4.jpg

I’ve known Tony Hicks for some time now but after today’s “Get to know you better Cruise” we will be even closer.

8.jpg

Tony is not only one of my church friends. He is also the best Waffle House Chef east of the Big Muddy!

9.jpg

Tony and I ate breakfast together then spent some time piddling and paddling up and down the Creek

2.jpg

We had a great day and we look forward to Tony coming back real soon!

3.jpg

Cmp1

BANNED
You’ve got it made there Cap’n,,,,great fishin,friends and scenery,,,,that one pic there with the calm water would be great to throw a buzzbait,,,,

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Another great day , after the first 3 pictures I was beginning to wonder if he was gonna take his hands off the side of the canoe !

olcaptain

Another great day , after the first 3 pictures I was beginning to wonder if he was gonna take his hands off the side of the canoe !

It's very hard to paddle while gripping those sides :)