Glock 48 MOS

krizia829

Just picked up my first Glock! Ended up with the 48 MOS. Rocking it with some Federal HST rounds.

Holster recommendations? Don't want to break the bank but I would like a good kydex IWB holster for it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Another fellow and I were just talking about the 48 MOS and the 43X MOS. You have to get the MOS version to be able to add a light to them...that could prove to be useful.

Good luck with your holster search once you decide if you are using an optic and light.

krizia829

Another fellow and I were just talking about the 48 MOS and the 43X MOS. You have to get the MOS version to be able to add a light to them...that could prove to be useful.

Good luck with your holster search once you decide if you are using an optic and light.
I don't plan on putting anything on it as of yet.. It was all they had in stock at the time and for a $15 difference vs the regular 48, I got the MOS which I am glad I did because the option is there anyways.

I would like to put a Vortex Venom sometime in the future for fun but it will be bare for now.. I have an M&P40C that I may add a light to since it's my home defense gun but that's about it..

menhadenman

I have the 19 MOS that I put a Trijicon 3.25 on and it's pretty sweet. Also put co-witness sights on there which changes what holsters you can go with. Also have a G43x but that's just bare.

For the G19, I have a Gunfighters Inc chest holster for backpacking and a Relentless Tactical IWB for carry - both are good with cowitness sights and an optical (or plain).

For the G43, I have a Don Hume OWB "just in case" (best bang for the buck in my opinion - I have maybe 4 or 5 of them). I also have a Concealment Express for IWB. It's not as comfortable as some of the others but it's pretty convenient and an easy price if you're just going plain to start out. No go for a light but it'll take an optic.

Good luck - holsters seem easy but somehow you wind up with 3 for each gun :D

menhadenman

By the way, I really like that 48... I have a buddy that does contract "freedom stuff" and that's his go to in the summer. It's got a great feel and slim makes it easier to carry. I've been wanting to grab one just because.

Jester896

Senior Clown
night sights might help if it doesn't have them. I used Trijicon on mine with the big yellow dot.
the slide is so narrow on the 43X MOS and 48 MOS that it is limited to what type of optic you can use.

krizia829

I have the 19 MOS that I put a Trijicon 3.25 on and it's pretty sweet. Also put co-witness sights on there which changes what holsters you can go with. Also have a G43x but that's just bare.

For the G19, I have a Gunfighters Inc chest holster for backpacking and a Relentless Tactical IWB for carry - both are good with cowitness sights and an optical (or plain).

For the G43, I have a Don Hume OWB "just in case" (best bang for the buck in my opinion - I have maybe 4 or 5 of them). I also have a Concealment Express for IWB. It's not as comfortable as some of the others but it's pretty convenient and an easy price if you're just going plain to start out. No go for a light but it'll take an optic.

Good luck - holsters seem easy but somehow you wind up with 3 for each gun :D

Lol so true! I've been carrying an m&p shield for 11 years and thankfully had that 1 holster for IWB and 1 for OWB that I loved but I can't remember for the life of me the company that I got it from. They're local to me too!! Lol

krizia829

By the way, I really like that 48... I have a buddy that does contract "freedom stuff" and that's his go to in the summer. It's got a great feel and slim makes it easier to carry. I've been wanting to grab one just because.
I absolutely love the feel! Besides that it's slim, me being a female I have smaller hands and the distance from the back of the grip to the trigger is also shorter vs a 19 for example and for me, it's perfect. I reach the trigger much better than even my shield. I will have much better control of the gun

krizia829

bragger... :) this fat kid can't run IWB comfortably...working on it...25# off since the first of the year
I was talking about the gun! :LOL: My fat butt is getting gastric surgery in a couple of months:rolleyes: lol congrats on the weight loss! I know it's not easy!

fishnguy

Just picked up my first Glock! Ended up with the 48 MOS. Rocking it with some Federal HST rounds.

Holster recommendations? Don't want to break the bank but I would like a good kydex IWB holster for it.
I use Rounded by Concealment Express (was Concealment Express when I ordered). I a tuckable and non tuckable for my 43x. Both have cuts for red dot. I mostly wear the non tuckable just because I don't tuck my shirt in that often.

Latest posts