Go to meal during winter days

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I like crackers with chili and soup, cornbread with dried blackeyes, limas, and greens, and biscuits with chicken n dumplins.
And a bunch of onion with them beans. And when the season is in, good ol sliced mater sprinkled with salt & pepper. Man, o man! :bounce:

georgia_home

+1 on the chili… picked up the makings for later this week.

but we cheated and made the mrs happy tonight. Olive Garden. Soup and salad For me.

The Tuscana soup is my favorite.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Chicken noodle soup bubbling in the InstaPot.4FB46F90-6C1C-44D2-A5C9-6189FEA736D0.jpeg

Redbow

We have chicken and pastry we don't call it chicken and dumplings never have here during cold weather quite frequently. Chili and good ole vegetable soup with oyster crackers and chicken and rice with boiled cabbage. My Wife can make a great clam chowder soup its good during the cold days also.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Nobody eats crackers with their chili and soups? Don’t get me wrong, I like cornbread, but prefer crackers with my chili and soups. Love me some cornbread crumbled up in my Lima beans. Mmmmmm, mmmmm!
"Daisey" (born a sharer cropper's 6th daughter during the depression) eats cornbread with just about everything, even my sweet and sour stirfry :hair:facepalm:. BUT, that don't keep her from going through a family size box Ritz Crackers a week. She crumbles the cornbread in a bowl, ladles "what ever soup" over it, then eats the crackers with it.

cramer

We had chili last two days. With BEANS and Fritos crushed up in them.

Vegetable venison soup and cornbread is a favorite, here.
Potato soup is real good.

Pasketti is on the menu today, with venison and Italian sausage.

littlejon

Had to dig into it again tonight. I like putting that bread right into the bowl. Bringing my 5 year old granddaughter some tomorrow. She loves it also!

Attachments

• 20220117_171349.jpg
    20220117_171349.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 4

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Soup beans and taters last night. Tater soup with ham and bacon tonight. Might as well call it loaded potato soup.

20220117_192008.jpg

With cornbread on the table and buttermilk calling my name from the kitchen, I just had to do it.

20220117_192711.jpg

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member