God: The most powerful force in the universe

Artfuldodger

Good question. Very legitimate, too. Another view - If it’s predestined why even allow the non believers to be born? Why was sin even allowed to enter man? Why do we have to keep His commandments? Does it indicate there’s actually a choice man has? Knowing which way man will go doesn’t mean there’s no choice.

Could it be that He knows if you do that, this will be the outcome? But if you do this, this will be the outcome? Knowing the outcome to every situation possible? Why would He plan evil in Exodus and then repent of it because they turned from their evil? Why would even plan evil? All I know is He’s all knowing and all power.

There have been those that have fallen away that led many to God prior to their falling away. Maybe we’re all tools for His bigger plan for mankind?

How do we know who He’s not called? I can’t say that the Hindu hadn’t had an opportunity. All I can do is trust that He’s handling that situation His way.
We know because many Hindu have died not professing Jesus with their mouth. It seems to me that God calls more sons of Christians than sons of Hindus. Maybe Christian nations are God's chosen people.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

God chose Israel, it's kind of hard to get around that one with the foreknowledge reasoning. Later God chose a people who were not His people. This was Paul's ordained mission. Before that they were without God, hope, and the promises of the Commonwealth of Israel. Romans 11 explains how the grafting went down.

It just seems like all the verses about it lead more to God using predestination in choosing than that of His foreknowledge. Again, it may all be based on foreknowledge but I don't read it that way in scripture, just speculation.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
We know because many Hindu have died not professing Jesus with their mouth. It seems to me that God calls more sons of Christians than sons of Hindus. Maybe Christian nations are God's chosen people.
Yea it’s just too deep for me to try understand how He deals with that stuff. All I can do is trust He’s doing it His way.

Even in Christianity I’ve heard the saying “they were not truly saved if they” - That’s not my cup of tea to drink.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
God is the most powerful force in the universe. He is the Alpha and Omega. No other entity is more powerful than God.

Then, everything that happens is under God's infinite Wisdom and Control. If it is His Will, it will happen

If it is not His Will, then He can prevent it from happening.

So, why is there so much suffering, tragedy, catastrophes, abuse, assaults, etc, and the list goes on.
Someone explain this to me. In other words, if there is truly a God, then, does He really care............

So, why is there so much suffering, tragedy, catastrophes, abuse, assaults, etc, and the list goes on.

Short answer, "So that God may exhibit his love for us through his miracles to us."

If something is not broken, there's no need of a fix and thus no appreciation of the fix.