God visited me...again

ssramage

Long read warning...I've always found that there's a lot of healing value in the ministry of sharing. I'm sharing this more for my own benefit, but perhaps someone reading can relate and find comfort in it.

Long story short, two of the most important people in my life, and the two people that stepped into the role of grandparent for me, are at the end of their road. My great uncle passed away back in Dec and my aunt's time is drawing close. She's been living with terminal pancreatic cancer since at least Nov and I fear time on this Earth is short for her. In my head I have come to peace with this season, but in my heart I long for more time. I have a huge sense of dread at the ending of an era and hurt for the things to come. I'm saddened at the limited time I have left on their home place, a place that has been the bedrock of my entire life and where I've felt the presence of God more times than anywhere. This has been, and continues to be, one of the most difficult seasons of my life.

But, even through the pain and sadness, I have seen God show up in big ways. Below is a link to a thread I posted back during deer season. This happened on my uncle's birthday, shortly after his passing. I have no doubt that this was God placing his hand on me and showing me that he is still there.

https://forum.gon.com/threads/much-needed-hunt-gods-presence.1008737/

Yesterday I got notice that my aunt had been moved temporarily to a Hospice facility to receive some IV meds due to pain and nausea. They didn't think it was "time" but were just trying to get her feeling better. I went to bed not thinking much, but I am convinced that God showed up again while I slept.

I'll preface this by saying that I don't dream. I never really have, but if I do, I never remember it. Last night I had the most vivid dream that I've ever had in my life.

The dream started at my aunt's house. My whole family was there and we were saying our goodbyes before we headed home. I looked up and my uncle was sitting in his chair and playing with my kids like he always did. It upset me because I knew it wasn't real, so I walked into the other room. My uncle came and sat in front of me in the other room and it shocked me how much younger and healthier he looked. He looked the way I remember from my childhood. I asked him why he was there and his response was that there was still a lot left to do and my aunt was never going to be ready if he didn't come back to help. At that time my aunt walked in and got on the floor with him, also looking much younger and healthier. The rest of the dream was sort of chopped up with my uncle handling various affairs and taking care of arrangements for his "kids" (me and my siblings).

The dream ended with my uncle looking at me, smiling, and saying "you're going to be alright son" and walking away. I followed behind him to ask him what he meant, but he was gone.

I am convinced that this was God, coming to an Earthly son in need, and showing his presence AGAIN. I am not the world's greatest Christian, and I certainly don't deserve direct messages from God, but he has showed up time and time again in my life. Maybe if you're going through a similar circumstance you can find comfort in my sharing and find God's presence in your life. It doesn't change what I know is yet to come, but it does comfort me that I'm not alone and that "I'm going to be alright".

Thanks for letting me share.

specialk

Great story, you are lucky to have had folks like that impact your life.....I have myself and they have been gone many years but not a day passes that I dont think about each one....

ssramage

We laid my aunt to rest on Saturday next to my uncle. I can only imagine the homecoming when she entered the gates at Heaven. This earthly world is surely less than without them here.