Going to Confession for the first time in a while

MDF

Hello, I'm a Catholic but I have spent the past few years as an Agnostic struggling with Faith. I decided today I'm going to Confession for the first time in a while and I was hoping I could get some encouragement and prayers as I return to Christianity.

pjciii

I hope all goes well. I am Catholic but not practicing. I have found i respond better to a more positive message. But if i was going to i would try and sit down with the priest first and talk. I didn't stop looking for the message. I found reading Max Lucado and Rick Warren have for me a different perspective that i had not had before. Good luck on your journey.

brutally honest

Hello, I'm a Catholic but I have spent the past few years as an Agnostic struggling with Faith. I decided today I'm going to Confession for the first time in a while and I was hoping I could get some encouragement and prayers as I return to Christianity.

Awesome. Never forget Luke 15:

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

brutally honest

More from Luke 15:

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Worley

If you get a moment in next few days, read the book of 1John it’s only 5 chapters, I believe you will be encouraged in your journey.

StriperAddict

"Relaxing with God" is a great book of encouragement by Andrew Farley.

j_seph

How did confession go?