Golf Cart Upgrade

Washtub

Wanting to upgrade my golf cart. New high torque motor, controller, 36 to 48v, etc...
Will be used strictly for hunting.

Anybody have a recommendation of a really good, knowledgeable cart place? Anywhere around Atlanta area.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is Watkinsville close enough?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Call Watkinsville Golf cart 706-769-2095. Talk to Dave

He did the high amp controller and high amp motor for mine. I left mine as a 36 volt.

sghoghunter

Go to Carts unlimited and get yourself an alltrax controller with matching silonoid and keep it 36 volt. When I changed the batteries in my 48volt cart I was asking about the difference and guy told me that most people prefer 36 volt. I do know a 36 will stay charged longer than my 48.

Washtub

Go to Carts unlimited and get yourself an alltrax controller with matching silonoid and keep it 36 volt. When I changed the batteries in my 48volt cart I was asking about the difference and guy told me that most people prefer 36 volt. I do know a 36 will stay charged longer than my 48.

See, this is my problem. All the cart places I’ve talked to said the 48 V will hold a longer charge and be more powerful. You are saying the opposite. I don’t know who’s right and what to believe anymore.

sghoghunter

I don't know about power wise but battery charge wise my 48 volt Yamaha will not hold a charge as long as my dads 36 volt. The only explanation that I was gave that made sense was weigh the batteries and which ever set weighs the most will hold charge longer due to lead content

sghoghunter

I just found this.

Attachments

• IMG_4865.PNG
    IMG_4865.PNG
    265.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4867.PNG
    IMG_4867.PNG
    276.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4868.PNG
    IMG_4868.PNG
    291.3 KB · Views: 70

Buford_Dawg

Most hunting cart applications use 48 volt systems with best performance from a 6x8 Volt battery setup. I have a 4x12 battery setup in my hunting cart and it fits my needs just fine. The guy mentioned in Watkinsville is highly rated I understand. I have spoken golf carts with him in the past and he is very knowledgable. All Pro Carts in Lawrenceville also has high marks from what I hear.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I've had my 48 volt for 3 yrs now. Runs all day hauling stuff and still going strong on the same set of batteries. Cool Carts in Madison GA built my cart to my specifications.

Dirtroad Johnson

Check with mossyhorn on here, I think he & his brother own the golfcart place in Eastman that came out with the beast. He can provide you with info in & outs for you to apply wherever you do business.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Can you tell a big difference in your cart after changing?

Yes. A tremendous difference. Much more power. I don’t do it often but have used the cart to drag off stuff like a fallen pine tree cut into sections.

In addition to the heavy controller and motor I got him to put heavier battery cables too. I had him install a state of charge meter too.

I have driven the cart a distance of 10 miles before between charging. I don’t have an odometer but was riding with an ATV that did.

Ask Dave if you could trade your cart in on one already souped up.

ddavis1120

I converted my EZ Go from 36v to 48 v and left the motor the same and ordered the stuff from Carts unlimited. Upgraded the wires, new controller etc and it is a different machine. Unless you want to pop wheelies I would stick with the stock motor. I used 6 8 volts instead of 8 6 volts for simplicity. It was not the easiest thing I've ever done but it wasn't the most difficult either.

grady white

if you upgrade the controller go with an Alltrax and an Admiral motor is a great option too ..David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars is a true golf cart professional and very honest to deal with, 48 volt would be ideal, 8 6 volts would also be better that 4 12 volts ..if interested his number is 706-836-7210 he will shoot you straight and give you free advice too !

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If you do change to a 48 volt remember that you will need another charger.