Gone With the Wind MOVIE

turkeyman55

Gone With the Wind” has been re-released in theatres eight times since its first opening night in 1939 in Atlanta. The movie’s premiere was tremendous — approximately 300,000 spectatorslined up for seven miles to watch limos carrying the “Gone With the Wind” cast to the theater. The night before, 6,000 people had celebrated at a costume ball in anticipation of what was surely the most anticipated movie of the century. Its popularity endured 40 years later; when the movie was first shown on network television, 47.7 percent of American households, or about 33.96 million households,tuned in. Turner Entertainment currently holds the rights to its television deals, purchasing it for an undisclosed sum from CBS, which had bought TV rights for $35 million in 1978. That $35 million only allowed for 20 telecasts over 20 years.

Not bad for a movie with a $3.85 million budget from 1939.

Attachments

• Gone With the Wind.jpeg
    Gone With the Wind.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 5

LTZ25

It's a classic and every person over 50 in America has seen it , second only to The Sound of Music .

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My idea of Hades would be having to sit and watch The Sound of Music over and over.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

j_seph

Phone Home,,,,
That is just wrong, post up quotes that he doesn't even know. I bet he is calling home now after seeing that....Wait..........................why would you tell me to call home? If you are there then lunch better be ready!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I never saw any of them.
I've seen all three. You haven't missed much. Gone With the Wind was ok. It was filmed in that over-done bad fake southern accent and dramatic fake dialogue style that was a bit annoying. ET had some entertaining moments, but was mostly pretty cheesy. The Sound of Music is just flat-out one of the most annoying, horrible, nauseating movies ever made. :)

Cmp1

BANNED
I've seen all three. You haven't missed much. Gone With the Wind was ok. It was filmed in that over-done bad fake southern accent style that was a bit annoying. ET had some entertaining moments, but was mostly pretty cheesy. The Sound of Music is just flat-out one of the most annoying, horrible, nauseating movies ever made. :)
Not a Von Trap fan,,,,