Good day good food

the Lackster

Well we couldn't make it happen on the specialty hunt this morning but we still had a great time and got a consultation prize. Picked a pretty mess of chanterelles on the way out with my little girl and fried them up for lunch...umm good. 20211009_105405.jpg20211009_083624.jpg20211009_124101.jpg20211009_130950.jpg

The girls sat out this afternoon so I went to my sweat lodge with the smokepole in hand. Once again, no dice but my lady said she had a good supper fixed for me. Came home to her best version on potato soup with bacon and sautéed onions....oh yea and cornbread. Not the results we were hoping for but you can't help but be tickled pink on days like today. 20211009_200602.jpg

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a mighty good day, my friend.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Your daughter's boots are the bomb! Great food and great times together as a family. You can't top that except to throw in some fresh fried Chants.

the Lackster

Your daughter's boots are the bomb! Great food and great times together as a family. You can't top that except to throw in some fresh fried Chants.
She loves those boots

pop pop jones

Well we couldn't make it happen on the specialty hunt this morning but we still had a great time and got a consultation prize. Picked a pretty mess of chanterelles on the way out with my little girl and fried them up for lunch...umm good. View attachment 1108717View attachment 1108718View attachment 1108719View attachment 1108720

The girls sat out this afternoon so I went to my sweat lodge with the smokepole in hand. Once again, no dice but my lady said she had a good supper fixed for me. Came home to her best version on potato soup with bacon and sautéed onions....oh yea and cornbread. Not the results we were hoping for but you can't help but be tickled pink on days like today. View attachment 1108721
I've turned into a huge potato soup fan, and cornbread is a must. Yours looks most wonderful

georgia_home

Congrats on a day out with the ladies!

and the supper is just the capstone to a good day!

Latest posts