Got a few maters sprouted.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Squash, watermelon, cantaloupes and butternut squash have been moved to some solo cups. Hoping my peppers and cukes will sprout soon. I’ll have time to grow a big garden one day.IMG_0149.jpeg

B. White

I've got a few trays of stuff started. Need to thin them out today. The marglobes I tried last fall did good, so I'll give them another shot for spring. Also added some of the hossinators to try something new, since they get a lot of good reviews. Did a few cherokee purple in case all else fails, but the majority will be determinate for the first time in years.

1709731018517.jpeg

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Never had Brandywine but have had Cherokee purple. they are great.
Should be tasty for sure.
This is my first year trying brandywines, hope they turn out. Probably get some other varieties to go with them.

B. White

Went in home depot for a couple of things yesterday and looked at their plants when I walked in. Buying a few plants used to be a pretty cheap way to do it, but I don't see how anybody can afford it now. Some little single maters were over $5.

jicard3

I've got a few trays of stuff started. Need to thin them out today. The marglobes I tried last fall did good, so I'll give them another shot for spring. Also added some of the hossinators to try something new, since they get a lot of good reviews. Did a few cherokee purple in case all else fails, but the majority will be determinate for the first time in years.

View attachment 1292204
I'm curious to hear how those Hossinators turn out. I grew some Red Snappers summer before last, they were big beautiful tomatoes and made like crazy but they didn't have the flavor I was looking for. I went with Better Boy Plus and Cherokee purple this year. I just found a pack of Bella Rosa seeds I forgot I had. I don't think I've ever grown fall tomatoes but I might give them a shot this fall. I kinda liked the determinate deal if I can find one that tickles my taste buds I'll probably be hooked.