Got a lot of possibilities this year...

buckmanmike

I used to hunt Telfair Co back in 79 and 80. Was not that quality of bucks there back then. Hope you can get a couple of those in the freezer and on the wall.

shdw633

Thought the farmer shot all yours. ?

It's easier for them cause their ain't no woods for them to hide in anymore. Might be why I'm a little testy on the subject.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It's easier for them cause their ain't no woods for them to hide in anymore. Might be why I'm a little testy on the subject.
It’s a part of leasing. Now is the time to plan where u think it may turn out nice again. Deer will always follow the same trails I’ve found. Even when it’s clearcut.

buckmanmike

Yep, sections of ours clear cut last winter. Deer still using same trails. May make it easy hunting this year.

shdw633

We just got clear cut about 4 years ago.

I know that it is all part of the game we play and it does make you move around from time to time as the deer change their patterns, which changes things up from year to year. We have 2000 acres and they have been taking sections off every year for the last 3 years and I think they have 300 acres planned to take off sometime this year. With lumber prices as high as they are it wouldn't surprise me if they took what was remaining. Hard to get a 20 foot ladder stand on a 5 year old pine. :p

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I know that it is all part of the game we play and it does make you move around from time to time as the deer change their patterns, which changes things up from year to year. We have 2000 acres and they have been taking sections off every year for the last 3 years and I think they have 300 acres planned to take off sometime this year. With lumber prices as high as they are it wouldn't surprise me if they took what was remaining. Hard to get a 20 foot ladder stand on a 5 year old pine. :p
Tripods. ?
Well now u know once it gets thick. Do like me. Remember road crossings. Have a chair on both side of trail. One will best for wind. Just put corn where they cross. Not much.