Grady County

Tailfeather

Nice bucks, Fellas!

joedublin

The bucks are ready on our Whigham lease....the does are still just a bit squirrely, not cooperating fully with the bucks yet. The next few days ought to really get it kicked off hot and heavy!

Bullhound

Me and a buddy were talking yesterday....two bucks were killed off his lease in Decatur Co (Fowlstown Rd) yesterday morning about 945am. The big deer I posted was killed at 10am. One thing we noticed were that all the bucks killed were musky but the tarsals were not dark. Hope this heat wave we have coming doesn't mess things up too bad.

southGAlefty

Hunted the last 3 or 4 mornings in a row and haven't seen a deer. Thinking the full moon has it messed up and they're probably locked down with does. Better weather coming over the holidays.

Bullhound

In a stand now and it is warm. Just saw a turkey but that's it. Gonna give it another hour or so...just don't like hunting and sweating.

Mako22

BANNED
I got a recent scrape here in the back yard and looks where they been fighting down in the woods. Saw a nice 8pt in the back of a guys truck at the Cairo Walmart around 10:00 AM this morning.

Tailfeather

Last 4 hunts on our place = no sightings

southGAlefty

I saw a 4 point this morning. Got pics of a decent buck in a scrape at 1:30 yesterday afternoon. Found several new fresh scrapes when I got down this morning so I don't quite think the peak of the chasing has hit. This next cold front is probably gonna be it. I would be surprised if some big deer didn't die this week

Mako22

BANNED
I can't say a where but major rut is going on in at least one part of Grady county, y'all get out there if you can.

sghoghunter

Just got back from hunting the west side of the river in Decatur co and we killed deer but don't think it's hot and heavy right now but maybe the next cold snap will be the thing to kick it off.

Bullhound

Wish I was in the stand now....love rainy days like this in the woods. Next couple of days should be good in the stand....doesn't look like I'm going to make it though. I'll have to live vicariously through you guys!

Pointpuller

Had a 110" 8pt. and a 90" 8pt. chasing a doe Saturday morning in the very bottom of Grady Co. Drew back on them 2 times but never got the bigger one to stop. First chasing Ive seen. 1 and 2 year olds been cruising good the last 2 weeks.