Grounds for divorce?

Baroque Brass

Listen to it again. When he refers to seasons, he isn’t just talking about the time of year but also stages of life. Summertime being the prime and Autumn being perhaps middle age reflecting back.
Lightning refers to sex, but thunder can be both, a storm and the sudden emotional feeling towards that girl that was absent when they were together. “Felt the lightning (sex), waited on the thunder (emotion, love?)”…..”woke last night to the sound of thunder, how far off I sat and wondered”. He woke up thinking of this girl from his past.
Even Night Moves has two meanings. It refers to his best moves on a girl, and how strange it is that he wakes up years later with her on his mind.
We never forget our first love. I wonder how far off she is now?

I had the same interpretation about most of the lyrics but never thought about the seasons of life. Thanks for your thoughts on this, I’ll hear the song differently now.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but she probably ain’t gonna let you listen to music or do nothing else in HER house after that divorce ;)

bullgator

We never forget our first love. I wonder how far off she is now?

I had the same interpretation about most of the lyrics but never thought about the seasons of life. Thanks for your thoughts on this, I’ll hear the song differently now.
I wonder if it would help your wife appreciate it more?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but she probably ain’t gonna let you listen to music or do nothing else in HER house after that divorce ;)
What’s the saying, divorces are like tornadoes, someone’s losing a trailer.

Shadow11

Wow. I wasn't sure exactly what song that was, so I just now youtubed it. I've heard parts of it quite a few times over the yrs. I bet he could sell the hek far out of some door knobs or lamp shades. I bet the my pillow man could sell some stuff with a jingle in that form. I like it

Oldstick

Eye Reckon I'm stuck with a good one after 40 years. We still have a good laugh every time "Can't You See", "Whipping Post", or "You Don't Love Me" plays. Also "It's Too Late Baby" by Carol King or "One Way Out" by the ABB.

bullgator

It happened. We were in the truck and Curtis Leow came On, she started complaining and asked me to change it. I’m calling a lawyer tomorrow.
Get a woman lawyer! One that likes southern rock. :smash: