Had an MRI Friday and was diagnosed

kevincox

Hope you find a way to make your trip! One year I cut the tendon in my thumb in half and put off surgery until I got back from Illinois. I ended up getting a nice buck with all those bandages on my thumb. Had to change to a different release to be able to shoot. Ended up having to wait 2 more months because the surgeons schedule was full. He said my tendon had worked its way halfway up my forearm and Made the surgery tuff

MX5HIGH

I've had two RC repair surgeries...the first was a minor tear/left shoulder and the resulting pain and rehab was not too bad. The second surgery was a massive tear/right shoulder.

I waited 6 months to have the surgery and it was horrible. The pain was excruciating and the rehab was no picnic. That was in 2000. Three years later I tore the repair.

The Dr. did an MRI and said the damage was so bad it couldn't be repaired and would need a shoulder replacement. I sure hope the Lord comes back (and I'm not being flippant) before I have to have that done.

I'm 66 and take Tramadol and every year or two get a cortisone shot to control the pain. Believe me, RC repair is not something to take lightly. I know you enjoy hunting however there is always that chance you could end up with more damage to your shoulder.

rstallings1979

Thanks for the feedback and responses. I meet with surgeon within the hour. I think I will get the shot, take my trip, and not practice. I feel like with a 3 month old and 3 year old my risks of doing further damage are more to do with taking care of them rather than pulling my bow back if the opportunity arrives. This stinks not really because of hunting season but because of my daily duties picking them up...bathing them up and trying to help the wife.

abcmh

hi rstalings1979 I bow hunt and have 4 rotator surgeries I can help you some give me a call mark 7703159389

rstallings1979

abcmh...thanks...I got good news. The surgeon

reviewed the MRI and stated that he can't see an actual tear in the MRI. He stated that even a partial thickness tear would be easy to see. My problem looks to be an inflamed labrum from lifting weights more than likely. He wasn't high on the radiologist who read the Xray stating that he has missed fractures before and he can't see any tear as the radiologist indicated. I am not sure what to think...I hope the surgeon is correct. Either way he gave me a cortisone shot and a prescription for some PT. He told me to enjoy my fall and if the problem does not get better they will do a scope the beginning of the year but he seemed confident I didn't have a rotator cuff tear.

oldfella1962

A friend of mine is the same issue, he's going to some sports medicine place here in the metro, doing PT and taping and get this, they put him in a chamber at 200 below zero for 2-3 minutes every week. Said its what they are doing for ball players and athletes.

200 below zero? :hair: Weird if later on they find out the guys putting them in there weren't even medical experts - they just like to mess with people and do bizarre experiments!

Huntinfool

I did not have surgery. But it took close to a year to heal up doing PT. Now I'm good, but I've dropped to a 56 pound bow.

Honestly, if you know somebody who owns a crossbow and will let you borrow it, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to just take it along....just in case.

I'm telling you, the difference in practicing in the back yard in 70-80 degree weather and shooting at a deer from a treestand when you're stiff and cold is night and day.