Happy Birthday To Rip 18 Today...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I just about let the day slip by but before I do, I just want to wish our friend, Rip18 a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today.

I love viewing his photography displayed here and I envy him somewhat because of all of the places that he visits while taking these fantastic photos. Rip and several of his friends here continue to amaze me with their photography talents. I thank all of them for sharing these too.

Rip, I hope that you have a special Birthday today.

wvdawg

Staff member
Happy Birthday again RIP - may you be blessed with 50 more!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Happy birthday! :cheers:

grandpawrichard

A Very Happy Birthday Robert!

Dick

DSGB

I'm a day late, but, I hope you had a good one!

rip18

Thanks so much guys and gals!

I still poke my head in here pretty regularly and keep meaning to sign in and comment, but it's so dog-gone hard to "make" time anymore.

I don't travel nearly as much as I did, Eagle Eye 444. When Little Critter hit school, our ability to run around on consulting projects dropped considerably, so I work for somebody else now - good job with photo opps, so I can't complain at all.

Here are some recent shots...

Bat survey in a Mississippi Cave - accompanying some state biologists on a bat survey

Nikon D3, Sigma 15-28 @ 28 mm, f/10, 2 seconds, ISO 1600, tripod, handheld flash fired multiple times to light up cave, slight crop.

Thunderbirds in formation - Keesler Air Force Base hosted their Air Show a couple of weekends ago. Little Critter and I went. After several hours, she was done. So we packed up and came home before the crowds headed back to the parking area. Shortly after getting home, the Thunderbirds started their demonstrations. Our house was right under their north-south line! So I got some Thunderbird shots anyway!

Nikon D300s, Nikkor 80-400 @ 270 mm, f/6.3, 1/2000th second, ISO 200, handheld, existing light, slight crop.

Spiderwort - growing in a ditch on my way to work

Nikon D3, Nikkor 60 mm macro, f/6.3, 1/1000th second, ISO 200, handheld, existing light, slight crop.

Manatee - Little Critter had spring break last week. We ran down to Florida for a couple of days. This beauty joined us at Manatee Springs for a little bit.

Olympus TG-820, 7.7 mm, f/4.8, 1/80th second, ISO 100 handheld, slight crop.

Hen Cardinal - this lady posed for me in the backyard this past weekend.

Nikon D300s, Nikkor 600 mm (old manual focus model), f/8, 1/500th second, ISO 1600, tripod, fill flash, from blind, slight crop.

Attachments

• 1030BatSurveyWebCrg.jpg
    1030BatSurveyWebCrg.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 209
  • 4592TbirdsWebCrg.jpg
    4592TbirdsWebCrg.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 1437SpiderwortWebCr2g.jpg
    1437SpiderwortWebCr2g.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 0207ManateeWebCrg.jpg
    0207ManateeWebCrg.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 5382NoCardinalWebCr3g.jpg
    5382NoCardinalWebCr3g.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 206

LOVEMYLABXS

Late on the Bday wish Robert but hope it was a GREAT ONE :yeah:

And as always some awesomw shots :cool:

Kadiddlehopper

Happy Birthday ..Again Rip ! I thought (By the other photos ) you were at Manatee Springs . I think I have SCUBA-ed (A new word ? ) every spring accessible in the state of Fla . My cuz ,Sandy takes the money at the gate of Manatee ,And a fact only you will like . The last time I went into the "Catfish " sink . That is the spring behind the main one ,with a cave that goes between the two . Anyway, I saw a leaf going up and down the wall of the cavern . After some more investigation I found it to be a fresh water flounder ,about an inch and a half in diameter .