For those we've lost

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
My brother Corbett. So sorry. I didn't know your struggles. Glad its behind you. My wife says so many people have "fake smiles". Meaning you think all is well from their outward appearance. You just don't what they are dealing with.
My favorite uncle (alcoholic) shot himself in the worst way with his daughter on the phone when I was a teen.
When I think of those that we've lost, I think of all those things that they have missed over the years...
My troubles were long long ago in a land far far away.
Yes, before that, I did grow up wanting to keep a smile on my face big enough to make everybody wonder what I was smiling about.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m sorry for your loss. Please accept this prayer along with my condolences.

Bless, O God of eternal life, all who have died by their own hand.
Grant them peace from their inner turmoil and the compassion of your love.
Comfort those who mourn their loved ones.
Strengthen them to face the questions of pain, the guilt and anger, the irreparable loss.
Help us to reach out in love to others who prefer death to the choices of life and to their families who grieve.

Amen.

slow motion

Wow! I wish I had the words to express my feelings after reading this thread! I don't know what to say. It hurts my heart and I am so sorry for everyone that has lost a loved one this way!
Sounds like the right words to me. Thank you for them.

slow motion

My favorite uncle (alcoholic) shot himself in the worst way with his daughter on the phone when I was a teen.
When I think of those that we've lost, I think of all those things that they have missed over the years...
My troubles were long long ago in a land far far away.
Yes, before that, I did grow up wanting to keep a smile on my face big enough to make everybody wonder what I was smiling about.
I'm sorry for your loss. I didn't mean to pry but thanks for sharing. I think it helps, at least it does for me.

slow motion

I’m sorry for your loss. Please accept this prayer along with my condolences.

Bless, O God of eternal life, all who have died by their own hand.
Grant them peace from their inner turmoil and the compassion of your love.
Comfort those who mourn their loved ones.
Strengthen them to face the questions of pain, the guilt and anger, the irreparable loss.
Help us to reach out in love to others who prefer death to the choices of life and to their families who grieve.

Amen.
Thank you for that heartfelt prayer. Means more than you know.

oldfella1962

Amen friend.
Suicide and depression has hit my family as well.
I made a lucky escape and have come to learn that there is always great times even after the worst of times...
Life for me now is the best it has ever been.
There is always room to leave it behind.
I spread the word wherever I can and stay thankful.
Hats off...
Yes suicide is terrible. :( My mother-in-law committed suicide a little over a year ago. My daughter was visiting my wife & myself and my daughter got a call from her aunt (my wife's sister) in Phoenix saying that my mother-in-law was dead. She hadn't been answering her phone for a few days, and nobody had gotten any calls from her. The cops went to her house to do a welfare check and she was dead from a deliberate overdose of every medication she had in her house. :( Then two months later my wife got a call from my daughter saying that she got a call from my wife's niece saying that her mom (my wife's sister and my daughter's aunt) had suddenly died! :(
She was in the hospital being treated for a minor stroke and in the middle of the night her liver had shut down or something like that - but just like that, she was dead. So my wife lost her mom & her sister (her only sibling) about two months apart.

Doboy Dawg

I lost a good friend to suicide about 8 years ago. When he was a teenager he was in a bad wreck and suffered a TBI. It messed up his reasoning and logic, this made him vulnerable to low life scum sucking drug dealers. Even though he was in his thirties he had the mind of a teenager.

He used to work for me. He was a hard worker when you could keep him on tasks. His dad tried to get me just to work him and feed him but not pay him because the dealers would get him back on dope every time he got sober and he’d spend all his money on dope. I told his dad I can’t not pay him he needs grocery money too.

My wife was on duty at the hospital when they brought him in. She asked me to come see her at work, I knew something was wrong, but I wasn’t expecting to see that. His dad asked me to be a pall bearer, that was really hard to do.

Redbow

Sorry for your loss slow motion I guess most of us have either had a family member, friend or someone we know who has committed suicide.

I have known a handful of people over my seventy six and a half years on this planet that took their own lives. One was a best friend of mine who took his own life in 2015. We went to school together, fished and hunted together, and of course went out looking for women together in our younger days. He and I were in Viet-Nam together for a while how wonderful it was that my friend and I got together for a few days while half a world away from home in a war torn country.

At age 68 my friend ended his life here on Earth with a handgun. No-one in his family knew that he was going to do such a terrible thing to himself. He shot himself in the head in the middle of the night and his niece found him the next morning when she went into his bedroom to wake him.

RIP Ronnie, maybe one day we will see each other again..

slow motion

Yes suicide is terrible. :( My mother-in-law committed suicide a little over a year ago. My daughter was visiting my wife & myself and my daughter got a call from her aunt (my wife's sister) in Phoenix saying that my mother-in-law was dead. She hadn't been answering her phone for a few days, and nobody had gotten any calls from her. The cops went to her house to do a welfare check and she was dead from a deliberate overdose of every medication she had in her house. :( Then two months later my wife got a call from my daughter saying that she got a call from my wife's niece saying that her mom (my wife's sister and my daughter's aunt) had suddenly died! :(
She was in the hospital being treated for a minor stroke and in the middle of the night her liver had shut down or something like that - but just like that, she was dead. So my wife lost her mom & her sister (her only sibling) about two months apart.

I lost a good friend to suicide about 8 years ago. When he was a teenager he was in a bad wreck and suffered a TBI. It messed up his reasoning and logic, this made him vulnerable to low life scum sucking drug dealers. Even though he was in his thirties he had the mind of a teenager.

He used to work for me. He was a hard worker when you could keep him on tasks. His dad tried to get me just to work him and feed him but not pay him because the dealers would get him back on dope every time he got sober and he’d spend all his money on dope. I told his dad I can’t not pay him he needs grocery money too.

My wife was on duty at the hospital when they brought him in. She asked me to come see her at work, I knew something was wrong, but I wasn’t expecting to see that. His dad asked me to be a pall bearer, that was really hard to do.
Sorry to hear about the loss you've each experienced. I'll pray for comfort.

slow motion

Sorry for your loss slow motion I guess most of us have either had a family member, friend or someone we know who has committed suicide.

I have known a handful of people over my seventy six and a half years on this planet that took their own lives. One was a best friend of mine who took his own life in 2015. We went to school together, fished and hunted together, and of course went out looking for women together in our younger days. He and I were in Viet-Nam together for a while how wonderful it was that my friend and I got together for a few days while half a world away from home in a war torn country.

At age 68 my friend ended his life here on Earth with a handgun. No-one in his family knew that he was going to do such a terrible thing to himself. He shot himself in the head in the middle of the night and his niece found him the next morning when she went into his bedroom to wake him.

RIP Ronnie, maybe one day we will see each other again..
Thank you and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm sure you loved him like a brother. My prayers for you and his family.

bilgerat

Senior
Sorry to hear about your little brothers troubles and your family's loss Dale, I too took a dark path in my younger days and was fortunate enough to find a path out of My self destruction, I got into some serious troubles, and I thank god that it woke me up and made me realize that the life I was living was gonna end up in a tragic end. I made a drastic change and moved to a completely new town and started anew. I look back on those dark days and wonder how I even survived.

slow motion

Sorry to hear about your little brothers troubles and your family's loss Dale, I too took a dark path in my younger days and was fortunate enough to find a path out of My self destruction, I got into some serious troubles, and I thank god that it woke me up and made me realize that the life I was living was gonna end up in a tragic end. I made a drastic change and moved to a completely new town and started anew. I look back on those dark days and wonder how I even survived.
Thanks Phil. Gad you found your way back man.

Latest posts