No Chest Pain

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Just wanted to share my story hoping it might help someone else.

I've always been a pretty active person, in good shape. I noticed I was as young as I used to be. Didn't think much of it cause that happens as we age.

Then I started getting short of breath on things, A short walk, carrying something for a short distance. playing with my dogs etc.

Finally I made an appt and got in with a cardiologist. They gave me a heart monitor on Monday around 11, went home cut wood, went to the FD meeting (normal routine) Tuesday morning phone rang you need to go to the ER now cause you had a level 3 AV yesterday.

I go to ER, takes forever, they wire me up, must be fine cause there's no urgency show. Then after 4 hrs they take me back, wire me up again, Doc walks in talks a little to me, no hurry (not compaining) we talk a min or so, then he looks at the monitor and tells staff, move him to priority 1 cause he's having an incident (3 AV) now.

My heart rate would go in the 30's, top half of heart wouldn't pump when it was supposed to.

NEVER HAD ANY CHEST PAIN, couldn't tell/feel when I would go into 3 AV.

They put a pacemaker in and I already can tell/feel the difference.

So in closing I just first say if you're not sure you're going to Heaven one day take care of that. 2nd If you're having 'the signs' don't chance it to I'm just getting older' go in

sinclair1

I've always been a pretty active person, in good shape. I noticed I was as young as I used to be. Didn't think much of it cause that happens as we age.

Then I started getting short of breath on things, A short walk, carrying something for a short distance. playing with my dogs etc.

Finally I made an appt and got in with a cardiologist. They gave me a heart monitor on Monday around 11, went home cut wood, went to the FD meeting (normal routine) Tuesday morning phone rang you need to go to the ER now cause you had a level 3 AV yesterday.

I go to ER, takes forever, they wire me up, must be fine cause there's no urgency show. Then after 4 hrs they take me back, wire me up again, Doc walks in talks a little to me, no hurry (not compaining) we talk a min or so, then he looks at the monitor and tells staff, move him to priority 1 cause he's having an incident (3 AV) now.

My heart rate would go in the 30's, top half of heart wouldn't pump when it was supposed to.

So in closing I just first say if you're not sure you're going to Heaven one day take care of that. 2nd If you're having 'the signs' don't chance it to I'm just getting older' go in
I would see this on my heart monitor on a smart device?
Thanks for bringing it up. I am bad about letting 20 years go between doctor visits.

leroy

glad you on the mend, dont reckon that decoder ring will make that pacemaker go wild and you know they got tracking and listening devices in them things, lastly now get back to cooking them fish lol

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:eek2:Hate to read about this!! But glad you got it checked out, try your best to behave, ya hear?!?!?!

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
The heart ain`t nothing to play with. Glad they got you fixed up. They`re still trying to figure out why mine is giving me problems. It`s kinda worrisome.
That monitor helped them figure me out I'm thinking. Plus when I went to my PCM, they put something like 5 stickers on me for the EKG. Gainesville had 10-15.

Just talking to my dad, he was telling me about my great uncle, he got a pacemaker at 92, one doc said you're too old for me to put you to sleep. Went to another he said I've done then on folks older than you. Said there are three 'spark plug' wires, two of yours are broken and the 3rd is just about gone. He lived to 98 or 99. Only 'laid down' the last 2-3 weeks of his life

Mars

My father-in-law has been having some strange heart issues in the last few years. His heart rate will run up into the 150s-160s for no reason and it stays there until he goes in to get shocked. They shock him back into rhythm and he's good for another year or so before it happens again.

BeerThirty

Sorry to hear. That's really scary.

I'm actually wearing a heart monitor as I type this. Started having some palpitations where I would feel my heart kinda flutter/quiver (if that makes sense) and every once in a while I can feel a much harder heartbeat. It comes and goes. Can go weeks without then it comes back.

Really hoping it's something minor because it is worrisome.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Glad they got you fixed up, and that you found out what was wrong in time. Hopefully you will be here forever keeping us informed of the reptilian overlords and their plans. :bounce: ::ke:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Glad they got you fixed up, and that you found out what was wrong in time. Hopefully you will be here forever keeping us informed of the reptilian overlords and their plans. :bounce: ::ke:

Sssssssooooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

If y'all aren't in the PF you're missing out on Flash's best stuff.

Glad they got you fixed up Flash. :rockon:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Glad you went to the Dr to have it checked out and more importantly that they got you on the right track

oldfella1962

"They gave me a heart monitor on Monday around 11, went home cut wood, went to the FD meeting (normal routine) Tuesday morning phone rang you need to go to the ER now cause you had a level 3 AV yesterday."

Okay I'm confused: does the data on your heart monitor get sent in "real time" to your doctors? Is that why they called you to let you know there was a problem? I'm not a high-tech guy so I have never heard of remote monitoring of a patient.

ucfireman

Glad they caught it.
The "Level 3 AV" that you mention, is that a 3rd degree Atrial Ventricular block? That is what it sounds like you are describing, with heart rate dropping.
Did they do the pace maker?
I believe they can do it while your awake with local Anesthesia.
They may want to do a cardiac cath too to make sure there are no artery blockages. I'm sure the cardiologist will discuss this with you at some point.

On another note, I took a guy about 9 months ago that looked like he was on deaths door, rate in the 30s and BP was LOW, 60/ or lower. They put a pace maker in him and I saw him about a week later at the rehab center. Looked like a new man, I told him I would have bet he would not have left the hospital, He just started crying and praising GOD.

That monitor helped them figure me out I'm thinking. Plus when I went to my PCM, they put something like 5 stickers on me for the EKG. Gainesville had 10-15.

A 4-5 lead is normal for in the field, just for monitoring.
The 10 leads is actually called a 12 lead and look at the heat from 12 angles. A little more diagnostic.
The problem with both is that unless your heart is doing something weird during that time (very short time period), then you never know there is an issue.
We can run a 12 lead in the field and everything look normal. Take you to the hospital and draw labs for blood work and they can show your having a MI (myocardial infarction) (heart attack) and those labs mean way more than the 12 lead.
Sometimes you can see an MI sometimes not. Sometimes you can see a previous MI too, if it was bad enough and damaged the heart.
I would see this on my heart monitor on a smart device?
Thanks for bringing it up. I am bad about letting 20 years go between doctor visits.
I don't know but this article says they do. I thought they only caught AFib, VTach and a few others. Guess I was wrong.

My father-in-law has been having some strange heart issues in the last few years. His heart rate will run up into the 150s-160s for no reason and it stays there until he goes in to get shocked. They shock him back into rhythm and he's good for another year or so before it happens again.
Sounds like SVT, super ventricular tachycardia.
He can try some Vagal maneuvers, they may work but probably not. There is a medicine the paramedics use.
He may want to talk to his cardiologist about an ablation, may take care of it.
"They gave me a heart monitor on Monday around 11, went home cut wood, went to the FD meeting (normal routine) Tuesday morning phone rang you need to go to the ER now cause you had a level 3 AV yesterday."

Okay I'm confused: does the data on your heart monitor get sent in "real time" to your doctors? Is that why they called you to let you know there was a problem? I'm not a high-tech guy so I have never heard of remote monitoring of a patient.
Used to be uploaded by computer at the end of the day. I'm sure today its probably sent by WIFI or phone signal.
The computers use algorithms to find abnormalities and then a person verifies them. (a friend used to do this from home, years ago).

But yes wearing a remote monitor is pretty normal these days.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I'm not sure what it was, Doc said level 3 AV block, and said top wasn't working with the bottom. Wife just told told me they said the word block, and they did put me to sleep for the pacemaker

oldfella1962

Glad they caught it.
The "Level 3 AV" that you mention, is that a 3rd degree Atrial Ventricular block? That is what it sounds like you are describing, with heart rate dropping.
Did they do the pace maker?
I believe they can do it while your awake with local Anesthesia.
They may want to do a cardiac cath too to make sure there are no artery blockages. I'm sure the cardiologist will discuss this with you at some point.

On another note, I took a guy about 9 months ago that looked like he was on deaths door, rate in the 30s and BP was LOW, 60/ or lower. They put a pace maker in him and I saw him about a week later at the rehab center. Looked like a new man, I told him I would have bet he would not have left the hospital, He just started crying and praising GOD.

A 4-5 lead is normal for in the field, just for monitoring.
The 10 leads is actually called a 12 lead and look at the heat from 12 angles. A little more diagnostic.
The problem with both is that unless your heart is doing something weird during that time (very short time period), then you never know there is an issue.
We can run a 12 lead in the field and everything look normal. Take you to the hospital and draw labs for blood work and they can show your having a MI (myocardial infarction) (heart attack) and those labs mean way more than the 12 lead.
Sometimes you can see an MI sometimes not. Sometimes you can see a previous MI too, if it was bad enough and damaged the heart.

I don't know but this article says they do. I thought they only caught AFib, VTach and a few others. Guess I was wrong.

He can try some Vagal maneuvers, they may work but probably not. There is a medicine the paramedics use.

Used to be uploaded by computer at the end of the day. I'm sure today its probably sent by WIFI or phone signal.
The computers use algorithms to find abnormalities and then a person verifies them. (a friend used to do this from home, years ago).

But yes wearing a remote monitor is pretty normal these days.
Oh I see! Well it's good that these kinds of remote technologies can help
people out with health issues.

Mars

He is scheduled for another ablation in a couple weeks. He had one last year as well if my memory is working right this morning

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

The monitor was put on me, they gave me a cell phone to keep within 10 ft. Every night it would send a report to the company, then when they read it they would contact the doctors office if they saw something