Hard work pays off!

godogs57

Just learned I was accepted as a full member into the Knifemaker’s Guild this past Friday. Sounds like I’m tooting my own horn, and I apologize for that, but this is a huge honor. This was a three year process for anyone accepted into the Guild. Each step (year) my knives were critically evaluated by my peers, then on to the next level the following year. I was requested to bring four current blades to Atlanta’s Blade Show for final evaluation….this was it…..brought five just in case. Friday I was one of two makers evaluated at that time.

Got it. As Barney Fife once said “This is Big! Big Big!”

The five knives presented are shown below. Some of these are repeats from previous posts. Three CPM154 stainless steel blades, one Damascus and of course, I had to slip in one of my file knives.

Thanks for looking and know that I’m much obliged for all the positive comments y’all gave along the way!

IMG_9710.jpeg
IMG_9713.jpeg
IMG_9714.jpeg
IMG_9704.jpeg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It’s just recognition of a job consistently well done. Much deserved, toot away sir.

fatback

Congrats on such an impressive accomplishment. I was always told it wasn’t bragging if you done it and you have certainly “done it” when it comes to making beautiful knives.

Big7

The Oracle
Awesome acknowledgment. I know you must be happy.

Of course I love them all and my favorite in this thread is the file knife. Old files were usually O-1 tool steel which was/is also used in bearing races. Excellent properties for knife making.

I'm not sure if files are any different today vs old time but that O-1 is cheap and easy to work with. You can get flats and rounds in places like MSC Industrial Supply and McMaster- Carr. Both will ship and both have will call on the west side of Atlanta.

Redbow

Congrats sir, that's quite an honor that you received there.