Has anyone shot Norma ammo?

shdw633

Academy has been stocking some calibers in Norma ammo lately and I picked up a couple of boxes of 7mm-08 and my buddy got some 7mm from them. Does anyone have any experiences shooting these rounds during deer season? What can I expect from them as far as accuracy and dependability.

Buckfever

I bought 5 boxes of the 120gr Kalahari for my 270 wsm, but haven't ran any down the barrel yet. I've read good reviews on Norma ammo.

dtala

I used to shoot a good bit of Norma ammo. It is good stuff, accurate, good deer bullets, and excellent brass for reloading. You won't go wrong with it.

I've shot it in my 30:06 and 308. Great ammo. I bought a couple of boxes of their ammo to reload but having trouble finding Norma powder. You won't be disappointed.

Hillbilly stalker

Shot a couple boxes around 20 year ago in a Swedish Mauser 6.5x55. They shot great, grouped well and killed deer. They were outrageous back then....around $36 a box. I would hate to see the price nowadays.

NWS

Norma (in Sweden) manufactured Weatherby Ammo for decades. Top of the line ammunition. I am not sure if they are still producing WBY Ammo but nevertheless they manufacture some of the highest quality stuff.

shdw633

Shot a couple boxes around 20 year ago in a Swedish Mauser 6.5x55. They shot great, grouped well and killed deer. They were outrageous back then....around $36 a box. I would hate to see the price nowadays.

I paid $24 a box for 7mm-08 at Academy

rugerfan

In my opinion it is some good stuff. As of a year ago they were still loading ammo for Weatherby.

Last edited: