Has Vortex become the “go-to” glass for America now?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Big7

The Oracle

Interesting little read here on "affordable" scopes.

Buford_Dawg

Not a Vortex user, Leupold all day for me, but everyone has their choices and opinions. Only Vortext my family had on a gun lasted about a month and had to be sent back, my son thought he would try it, it wearing a leupold now.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I’ve owned numerous Votex scopes, red dots and binoculars. I’m not impressed with the quality at all even with their higher end optics.

Hawken2222

My experience with Vortex is its decent stuff but they could do better with they’re quality control. I purchased a rifle that had a vortex scope on it, and I purchased a pair of there bino’s. The binos were just a compact pair of diamondbacks binoculars I purchased for turkey hunting and they didn’t last a season before I had to stand them in for warranty work. The rifle scope is better than average , but IMO there are way better options.
Other than this used rifle I purchased with the vortex scope all I’d my rifles have Leupold scopes.

I have hunted pretty hard over the years with my Leupold scopes and they have held up to some pretty rough conditions and abuse and I have never had to send one in for warranty work.

In 1997 my dad and I were in a elk hunt in Idaho. His Leupold scope that he purchased in 1968 got a leak and was getting moisture inside. Thankfully He was still able to hunt even with the minor fogging in the scope. when we he got home he sent it to Leupold and they replaced the 30 year old scope no questions asked. That left a big impression on me.