Have you ever ate rattlesnake?

Mrbowdeadly

Agman, is that yung un dry yet????

Ahhh yes the lean college years. Reminds me of a white rabbit unfortunate enough to get in bow range of my buddys trailer. Seems that field points dont kill rabbits too good in the belly. But I do know that a wounded white rabbit with an arrow stuck in him will automatically hide in the insulation hanging under an old trailer........man took a while to find him. Ewwwww.

I would eat rattler, as I have gator. Just can't get myself to eat froglegs (mental I know but they look like people legs)

Also couldn't eat armadillo. Although a member of the pig family, the appearance and the fact that they carry leprosy was just too much for even my big appetite.

Strangely enough, I can eat sushi. Go figure.
MBD

Hawg

Banned
I tried rattlesnake at a resturant on the south rim of the Grand Canyon this summer. I didnt like it. :whip:
Tried frog legs too..........Didnt like it. :whip:
I guess reptile meat just aint for me. :D :eek:

Last edited:

hunter rich

If you can cook it, I will probably try it. I have ate snake, opossum, raccoon, horse, snail, gator, crickets and ants-both chocolate covered, woodchuck, beaver, muskrat, it is amazing what you will eat when you grow up on a Indian Reservation....

mockingbird

The Chief of the Wampanog (spelling?) tribe in Massachusetts, who is also a gourmet chef, has come out with a cookbook describing what the food probably was for the first Thanksgiving in Plymouth. He also said racoon, properly prepared, was pretty dang good!
Hunter Rich-- I too have eaten bugs! A couple years ago, I came upon a food vendor in Chaing Rai, Thailand and tried out a few deep-fried crawlies! The honey bees were the best-- they tasted like crunchy, honey-flavored chips! The corn worms had no flavor, the giant waterbugs were pretty gross-- they had a big blob of muck in the middle, and the crickets were absolutely the worst-- they tasted like your hand smells after you put a cricket on the hook! Pee-yew!!! Even after having spent 2 hours on the toilet later that night-- I felt it was an adventure worth trying ONCE...

Latest posts