Haven't heard a gobble thread

Klondike

Just figured I would start one. Nothing on my club for 4 sits to start. Called in 4 hens but woods have been SILENT

NUTT

Been in that category all week till 8:45 this morning and then just out of nowhere one starts gobbling and then BANG!!:shoot:

gregg

I've been 6 straight mornings, only heard a few gobbles on 2 of those mornings.....public land.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Opening day, first light I had 2 of them gobbling across the creek from me. Once they flew down that was it. Haven't heard a peep since.

sowgabuckstalker

I haven't heard on since Saturday morning, and been 4 times since is all. I hunted yesterday afternoon. Got settled in at 1:15, set there for about an hour and half, nothing so got up and started to walk. Well low and behold when I got back up to the ridge stood 3 big CensoredCensoredCensored gobblers, straight busted me. They were probably coming right at me, ugh, can't stand when they dont talk and I another reason I dont like to run and gun :cry:

GA DAWG

I heard one gobble opening morn. Then yesterday was my second morning I heard several gobbles yesterday morning but me nor anybody else will hear him again :D Not many 2 yr olds roaming the north ga woods this yr.

roscoe54

Dodge county Sat nothing, Sun nothing, Mon heard two gobbles saw hens by there self one jake by it self. Tue called in two gobblers killed one watch the other one jump all over the one I shot. Check the tips of the wings very little wear on them just starting to come in.

Jellyhead Joe

My first four sits resulted in zero gobbles. Yesterday I heard one gobble one time. It sounded like he was a mile away. I went this morning and the woods were alive with gobbles. Got setup and connected with one off the roost at 7:40. His wing tips had very lite wear from strutting. I think they are just getting started in this area. With the amount of gobblers I was hearing this morning I would guess they haven't busted up yet.

Klondike

Going again tomorrow - sure hope to break the silence!

Arrow3

I'm in the same boat. Very little gobbling so far. My pal Jody Hawk has killed two nice birds and has heard a total of 1 gobble. Another buddy Jack Knight killed one today and he only gobbled once .