Head Coach Scott Cochran

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I'm guessing this is hypothetical?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I wouldn't think he would be too good a head coach. But then again I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what coaches do other than the HC and the O and D coords

DSGB

Since this is his first season as an on-field coach, I'd say it's a little premature. Of course, if someone like Vandy wants to take a chance and hire him as HC, that's their decision.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Nope.
Outstanding strength and conditioning coach but one season as a Special Teams Coach under his belt. This would be a disaster.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Awwwwwwe go for it. What’s the worst that could happen, finish the year without a N.C.

RipperIII

I don't think that there is any way possible that he is prepared for a HC position, particularly in the SEC...and it has zero to do with x's and o's or motivation.
Recruiting, organizing staff, budgeting, alumni interaction, organizing and over seeing practice in all phases.
He's learned from the best without doubt...but has zero experience...maybe he could start with high school...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
And Dabo was named the "interim" head coach at Clemson... Now look at him..

Stranger things have happened..

BamaGeorgialine

I think that if he was any kind of knowledgeable coach, Saban would have kept him. I know that the Dawgs were happy to get him but I believe Saban was wanting to move forward in a different direction. Seems to be working. They didn't lost nine players to injury before the season even started this year last years past

RipperIII

I think that if he was any kind of knowledgeable coach, Saban would have kept him. I know that the Dawgs were happy to get him but I believe Saban was wanting to move forward in a different direction. Seems to be working. They didn't lost nine players to injury before the season even started this year last years past

OL is actually lighter, quicker and more athletic than last year...and strong...

fairhopebama

Cochran needs To be looking at somewhere like South Alabama For his start. No way he is SEC head coaching material at this point.

Resica

Different game but Andy Reid was quarterback coach and John Harbaugh was a special teams coach when they were hired as head coaches. They turned out ok.