Healthy gut bacteria?

Jim Baker

Staff member
Dehydration and abrupt change in diet to and fro and eating schedule.

I can go to the beach for 3 days and it takes 2 weeks to recover.

I drink 2 of those little yellow Dannon drinks a day. Makes a difference.

Are you having in pain or cramping in your upper abdomen.
Several things to consider. Gall Bladder, H. pylori, diverticulosis.

Twiggbuster

Interesting thread as I’m trying to figure what I’m going to do about gut issues. I dieted leading up to daughter’s wedding but have since fell of the wagon. Eating everything in sight. Now the foggy sluggishness. Was diagnosed 5 yrs ago with diverticulitis after an infection. Antibiotics, colonoscopy, endoscopy and back to normal- somewhat. Was told I have hiatal hernia that could be repaired surgically but opted for Prilosec and tums when more is needed. No cutting unless last resort. Bottom line is I need to lose 20 and keep it off, exercise and eat right- duh . Probiotics seems like something I should take a look at. Getting older blows but got to get proactive.

Bow Only

I'm beginning to think certain foods affect my seasonal allergies or sinus problems as well. I'm seeing a correlation in that respect as well.
See my above post regarding IL-10 and IL-12.
The main problem we all face is oxidative stress. Think of it as a small electrical charge on an atom. One of our body's main goals is to eliminate this small electrical charge. If we don't, problems in biological pathways can occur. What we eat either helps or hurts our body's ability to remove this electrical charge. It just so happens that when we get a virus or a bacterial infection, this increases the number of electrical charges that we have to deal with. We actually create an electrical charge to negate the electrical charge. So in essence, the strength of our immune system is determined by our ability to create electrical charges. Eat the wrong foods and your body wastes a lot of it's electrical charge creating potential squelching the charges caused by the foods you eat.

Eat dairy, you hurt your immune function. Eat eggs, you hurt your immune function. Eat animal protein, you hurt your immune function. Things that the industry tells us are good for us are not. They are selling something for profit, I am not.

Artfuldodger

See my above post regarding IL-10 and IL-12.
The main problem we all face is oxidative stress. Think of it as a small electrical charge on an atom. One of our body's main goals is to eliminate this small electrical charge. If we don't, problems in biological pathways can occur. What we eat either helps or hurts our body's ability to remove this electrical charge. It just so happens that when we get a virus or a bacterial infection, this increases the number of electrical charges that we have to deal with. We actually create an electrical charge to negate the electrical charge. So in essence, the strength of our immune system is determined by our ability to create electrical charges. Eat the wrong foods and your body wastes a lot of it's electrical charge creating potential squelching the charges caused by the foods you eat.

Eat dairy, you hurt your immune function. Eat eggs, you hurt your immune function. Eat animal protein, you hurt your immune function. Things that the industry tells us are good for us are not. They are selling something for profit, I am not.

Is all that related to oxidized foods forming free radicals? I've read only a bit on this as related to reusing old grease that may have oxidized. I do realized the oil oxidized outside the body but some things oxidize within our bodies.

Bow Only

Is all that related to oxidized foods forming free radicals? I've read only a bit on this as related to reusing old grease that may have oxidized. I do realized the oil oxidized outside the body but some things oxidize within our bodies.
It does, but free radicals form during our natural biological pathways. What we eat just makes them better or worse. Antioxidants like blue berries make it better, things like saturated fats make it worse.

Artfuldodger

Not to get too deep in it but when we eat the wrong foods, we jeopardize our immune system or make it have to work harder.

Therefore having a weaker immune system allows infections and other health problems to occur more easily.

So then we have more things like sinus trouble, inflammation, digestive problems, etc. Things that one may already have or get, especially as they age.

Like joint inflammation, I may be prone to it or have it. Then eating wrong, lowers my natural immunity to fight the inflammation.
It can exacerbate the problems and preexisting conditions than I may already have.
Such as sinus problems, joint problems, digestive problems, etc.

Then in the long run, it also can cause reoccurring infections, increased risk of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.