Heap burning coals on his head,

Artfuldodger

Proverbs 25:21-22 If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.

What does it mean to heap burning coals on his head?

j_seph

Proverbs 25:21-22 If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.

What does it mean to heap burning coals on his head?
I think this is a metaphor. Imagine being in drive thru, fussing, blowing the horn at the car in front of you, just as a mad as you can be. You order $40 in food and the car in front of you pays for it and waves and smiles as they leave. Would make ya feel a little embarrassed, maybe flushed warm, and red faced.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It means return good for evil. Kill them with kindness.

Remember - you’re more than conquerors. Not only do you win, you take the tool that was to be used against you and destroy their attack.

Not only did David conquer Goliath, he took Goliath’s sword and cut his head off.

Artfuldodger

Well I guess those hot coals cooked their noodles, lol in the same sense as your thread.
I think perhaps we could take this concept even further. Suppose I talked really bad about a certain group or class and in the end they came to my rescue in some incident while the others just stood by and did nothing. That would cook my noodles with embers.

I guess this would be that Proverb in reverse.

tell sackett

Perhaps the ultimate example?

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves?

Latest posts